Quantcast

Sad followup on aggro skiers and little girls

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Two die in Casper Mountain ski accident

Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 10:43 am | Loading…

Two people died Friday after a snowboarder collided with two skiers at Hogadon Ski Area on Casper Mountain.

The snowboarder crashed into a five-year-old girl and her mother as the two were stopped on a ski run, Sheriff's Lt. Mark Sellers said Saturday.

All three were taken to Wyoming Medical Center. The man and the girl were pronounced dead at the hospital. The mother, who lives in the Casper area, was injured and remained hospitalized a day after the crash. An update on her condition was not available.

Authorities have not released the identifies of anyone involved, pending notification of family members. The girl lived in the Casper area.

The accident occurred at about 2:30 p.m. as the snowboarder, a 22-year-old Casper man, was riding down a black-diamond run called Dreadnaught. The exact circumstances surrounding the crash remain under investigation by the sheriff's office, Sellers said.

No one involved in the crash was wearing a helmet, according to authorities.

The ski area remained open after the accident. A message left Saturday afternoon at the office of Hogadon Area Manager Gary Vantrease was not immediately returned.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
As terrible as this is... I have to ask...... What was mom doing with the five year old on a blackdiamond run?

Full sympathy for everyone involved, I have nothing but hope for healing for all family on both sides.

Snowflake

Monkey
Aug 10, 2009
Maryland
As terrible as this is... I have to ask...... What was mom doing with the five year old on a blackdiamond run?

Full sympathy for everyone involved, I have nothing but hope for healing for all family on both sides.
x2

As terrible as the situation already is, I hope the mom doesn't come out of the hospital after the loss of her daughter to a lawsuit. :(

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

That's a very good question, and I couldn't find a trail map.

hydro422

Chimp
May 15, 2007
Ogden City
Hogadon has kind of a weird set up, you park at the top of the mtn, then ride to the bottom to the lifts that take you back to the parking lot. The only thing I can think of is that either, the skiers took the wrong trail by accident, or that the wreck happened at the bottom of the hill meaning the boarder was coming down to fast to the lift. Either way this is still a tragic thing to happen.