Quantcast

Sagly like app? Setting tracker?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
While doom scrolling through the interwebs the other day, I saw an ad for an app called Sagly. It can used to track bike setting and whatnot.

But the app is filled with ads and the experience is not great, so needless to say I removed it.

I have a bad habit of just winging it in terms of tire pressure, air pressure in the suspension and dial settings. I still do the good ole tire squeeze as a judgement of pressure. :D

Does anyone use anything to track it, other than paper?

If no good app exists, I'll probably just create a spreadsheet and link a Google form to it to submit data that I take before going for a ride. Then I can look back and see which worked, what didn't etc etc.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
If i am a/b testing i write my settings on stickers ive applied to the frame or fork, just in case i forget. For the junior athletes i work with i usually write their initials, tire pressure and spoke tensions on each rim with a paint marker. A lil acetone wipes it right off

Last edited:

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Google Sheets are plenty good. Create a tab for each bike, set it up how you like and add columns or rows to your hearts content. Mark the sheet as available offline, and you can even use it when out of cell coverage.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Does anyone use anything to track it, other than paper?
I only use strava to log mileage but have each of my bikes in there. If you go into each one there's a sort of spreadsheet of components you can add/remove/date and also a box at the bottom for notes for each bike. I stick shock/fork settings and tyre pressures in there. Dead easy to find. I lose everything

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I only use strava to log mileage but have each bike in there. If you go into each one there's a sort of spreadsheet of components you can add/remove but also a box at the bottom for notes for each bike. I stick shock/fork settings and tyre pressures in there. Dead easy to find. And I lose everything
That sounds OK for having as a general note, but not if you're recording over time. I want to better understand what I like and what doesn't work.

Google spreadsheet with the linked form for easy entry is probably the best option...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Fuck that. What I do like and works best for me is all that matters to me. Not a bazillion columns of what I didn't like and doesn't work.
Especially with around 10 bikes

disclaimer: I don't even understand a spreadsheet.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I've got an old whiteboard stuck in the garage that I keep a note of pressures and clicks etc, especially right before doing a rebuild on suspension. For general day to day tuning, I rarely change more than a click or two or a few psi if I'm riding somewhere particularly different.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I've got an old whiteboard stuck in the garage that I keep a note of pressures and clicks etc, especially right before doing a rebuild on suspension. For general day to day tuning, I rarely change more than a click or two or a few psi if I'm riding somewhere particularly different.
Bracketing etc, I take notes. When the numbers are set, I put them in my phone and a shop notebook and forget about them until service. There is the odd time I will add or subtract a click or two, which is usually on roadtrips to somewhere else, or if conditions are really out of whack locally. It is a bit easier as both my trailbike and DH bike are full coil, so I don't have to worry about tracking pressure and tokens/bands. Tire pressures are pretty easy to remember as I check them using the digital gauge before every ride and adjust by a psi or two depending.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I tune it in and get a baseline, just a good old fashioned repeatable section with what I know to be the worst I'll encounter as far as tech and rocks..get it set write it in a note pad..

Once it's dialed I have a little label maker I print it all out small and stick to top tube by head tube.
I'll run it front rear tire psi, fork shock info...2 different tunes..one for nasty rock courses and the other for more flowy play and jumps..

I'll adjust here or there but these are my baelines and repeatable if I go off on settings..m
Screenshot_20240325_031443_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I don't tune much after I have my initial, I figure my best riding comes from actually riding and shutting the overthinking down...I've ridden some clapped out and broken bikes over the years and had more fun on em, not a WC racer so I didn't notice a massive increase lol...just a shit ton more fun just riding

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I think I'm gonna go with the white board idea.
I take a pic of the whiteboard on my phone before I go away on riding trips just to have a reference record. Helps me put my shit back where it should be after I have a bad day due to fatigue/lack of mojo/hangover and mess with every setting on the bike instead of having a rest like i should

Nerds get upset over the weirdest things
Like pavement definitions

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Doesn't upset me... Even on days like today when I nailed myself on a road near a cycle lane near a pavement ...
_20240325_112329.JPG

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ps. The stupid new kerb has already been hit by at least two vehicles since yesterday.
#FuckEdinburghCityCouncil

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I have a file in Google drive in which I enter my fork/shock settings and update them once in a while. This is mainly useful before starting the new season or after a full rebuild.

I am really of the "Set and forget" type. I like having all the adjustments, but when it works, it works and I don't touch the settings very often.

I know people who have the tendency to add/remove a click every time they stop. That's perfectly fine, but I am not like that! :)