Quantcast

Saint Cranks On A Bmx !!!

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
san juan capistrano old town
im building up a S&M RV frame WITH some old SAINTS i have laying around and i was wondering how they get the CHAINLINE correct with a freewheel and/or soon to be a cassete hub...any pics on recent builds or buddys rides?

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
SHIMANO's NEW BMX COMPONENT LINE ALL SUPER LIGHT- lighter than PROFILE RACING COMPONENTS - CRANKS , BRAKES , HUBS , awosme polish look - perfect chain line ( simular saint cranks had a chain line problem when used on a bmx bike) awsome stuff from shimano

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
sjcX3oldtown said:
SHIMANO's NEW BMX COMPONENT LINE ALL SUPER LIGHT- lighter than PROFILE RACING COMPONENTS - CRANKS , BRAKES , HUBS , awosme polish look - perfect chain line ( simular saint cranks had a chain line problem when used on a bmx bike) awsome stuff from shimano

NCBMXPRO

Monkey
Apr 22, 2005
Charlotte
Alright I made it back. Work is killing me at the moment. Ok cranks have about a 7.5 mm shorter spindle, beefed up spider and same arm and spindle as current saint. Not sure on the packaging. Hopefully they will come with 2 gears. 44 and 41. both work good for 20's and the 41 is pretty standard an the pro gate for what cruiser guys use.

Brakes are basically a modified version of the Deore brake (best BMX brake). Comes kitted with a lever, cable and caliper.

Hubs are a 10 degree engagment with 4 pawls and 14 mm internal axles. They are the same design hub as the new XTR. Obviously with different spacing and attachment. Hub bolts are cool. You can use a 15mm wrench or a 6mm allen key to loosen or tighten. Most likely hubs will come with (14,15,16 and 18) tooth cogs.

ARE THEY SEALED? YES! Do they use cartridge bearings? NO! Why? Because angular contact bearing kick much more Buttocks than sealed cartridge bearing. No maintainence because there is a internal bearing sleeve and laser matched bearings to the races. Same exact technology as Dura Ace and XTR hubs and those never come loose or need maintainence but if they do it is super easy. They roll better period.

Uh what else, Shimano Rules!!! If you want to win, Ride Shimano, RIDE DXR!!!

It is for top National competition riding but dude I am sure people will use them in Dirt jumping and so on. Why? because the stuff is SUPER strong like SAINT. Is it expensive? Yes!!! Like I said you guys asked for it and here it is. I brought back a little 80's by making it polished and then double clear coated. The stuff will not dull up on you.
Actually Olympic ruling doesn't let you have logos on the jerseys so we can only put it on the product so since our stuff isn't super noticable like the frame we will make our products stand out under the lights, BLING, BLING... Plus I am over black. Black is not fast and for dirt jumpers. Us racers are cooler so Blinging bikes are the way to go.
CR
From Chad Roberts at Shimano on a BMX forum.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Personally I think they're ugly. I've bent Shimano's spiders, so I prefer the "standard" drive system for BMX. I don't like 4 bolt. I don't think you can actually tell the difference in stiffness. They're in no way stronger than Profiles. Profiles are steel and you don't have to worry about the crappy spider. And it seems like you've got great taste, I really enjoy the way you sharpied the part number of DX cranks on your Saints. Awesome, tasteful job.

I think I won my case.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Good point. I got a little carried away. I guess it's all OK since I'm right, though. ;) Just kidding. Your ride looks sick, too.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
shimano has a new DX crank comming out. DXR it's called and is really just a chainline adjusted, polished, saint. the bolt design on bmx cranks bites.

sjcX3oldtown

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Changleen said:
They're both just cranks, guys.
your right - but as i always say "STEEL IS REAL" but i couldnt resist puting on some left over saints - hopefully this spring ill be building up an S&M LAF - with the same front end as my racebike , and i will put on PROFILES, cause they are a tits crank

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
CreeP said:
hooray for me reading the thread before posting :lol:
Haha I noticed that earlier but I was too lazy to say anything, plus you're not an idiot by any means. It's all good, I know I pull that one all the time. :D Post something and go back and "aw crap, someone just said that."