Quantcast

Saint M820 Frankenbrakes

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ordered a pair of RO-Racings. I'll start sharpening my pitchfork now in case I end up not liking them. :D
I've only got a couple rides on them but initial impressions are stellar. Lever feel is great, and most critically compared to the XTRs they replaced, dead consistent. Power is also up there, though between the cold temperatures around here and the encroaching snow line I haven't gotten them super hot yet to test fade. Fit and finish seems good, though the pad to rotor clearance is on the tight side. We'll see how they hold up, but so far I'm happy

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I've only got a couple rides on them but initial impressions are stellar. Lever feel is great, and most critically compared to the XTRs they replaced, dead consistent. Power is also up there, though between the cold temperatures around here and the encroaching snow line I haven't gotten them super hot yet to test fade. Fit and finish seems good, though the pad to rotor clearance is on the tight side. We'll see how they hold up, but so far I'm happy
Good to hear!
Yeah the clearance is definitely tight, especially compared to Shimano. I found you can get them rub-free with some careful alignment. I'm (hopefully) about to put a tonne of riding on my two pairs over the next couple months, so that'll be the real test for me. Have a pair on both DH and trailbike, but on the DH I've switched in a franken caliper for a bit more power. Will update details in the frankenbrake thread later once I have some more runs on them.

In other news your 48-hour Udi/RM unconditional warranty just expired.