Quantcast

Salsa Mamasita

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Carbon stays methinks - that must be one friggin light gearie right there with carbon front and back - wonder if the middle is Scandium???

It just looks fast!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Carbon stays. Scandium main frame. There are some close ups of the rear end on MTBR's interbike coverage.

yep, just saw them.

I wonder if it is flexy though. I hear that comment about their softail quite often.

Sure is hot lookin though.

Holy crap there is a whole slew of options from mega value to super high end bling out there for the 29er crowd to choose from for 2007!:cheers:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
yep, just saw them.

I wonder if it is flexy though. I hear that comment about their softail quite often.

Sure is hot lookin though.

Holy crap there is a whole slew of options from mega value to super high end bling out there for the 29er crowd to choose from for 2007!:cheers:
I talked to a friend yesterday at interbike and he said its pretty much the year of the 29er.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I was there working for Twenty Nine Inches ( www.twentynineinches.com ) and I voted this as the 29"er of the show. The way that Salsa spec'ed out the show model, it was 21lbs complete. That was with some not so light stuff like seat post and brakes. This bike could go sub 20lbs easily. Front suspend it and we're talking sub- 24lbs of killer race bike!

The seat stays were carbon and had integrated cable stops. Very nice touch! And the best part? You can get one from just about any LBS with a QBP account next spring for sub-$850! (Jason at Salsa was quoted as saying $815.00!)

The downtube has been revised to eliminate the gusset and provide ample "Reba clearance".

This is probably the best frame value hands down out there!

nalax

Chimp
Oct 2, 2006
I'm not Latino but know enough that the spelling is incorrect.

FYI here's wikipedia's definition:

Mamacita is a slang expression commonly used in Spanish culture. The term is described in many different contexts such as being a term of great affection often used for a woman who is NOT someone's mother but has a mother like role in a person's life, even if briefly. The second use for the term is frequently used in a deragatory way by describing sexually attractive females, this variaton of the term can also be used to describe women as whores. It ranges from sweethart to a more sexual-related reference, it depends on the person's perspective. The term has been frequently mentioned in popular culture, most notably in the WWE when Latino-themed wrestler Eddie Guerrero used the term to address Chyna during a 2000 gimmick. "Mamacita" was also the name of a song by the hip hop group Public Announcement, also released in 2000. Although the song and the saying were made popular in the same year, most people associate this expression with Guerrero who frequenly used the word as part of his "Latino Heat" gimmick.

Too bad the people at Salsa can't spell MAMACITA very well.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm not Latino but know enough that the spelling is incorrect.

FYI here's wikipedia's definition:

Mamacita is a slang expression commonly used in Spanish culture. The term is described in many different contexts such as being a term of great affection often used for a woman who is NOT someone's mother but has a mother like role in a person's life, even if briefly. The second use for the term is frequently used in a deragatory way by describing sexually attractive females, this variaton of the term can also be used to describe women as whores. It ranges from sweethart to a more sexual-related reference, it depends on the person's perspective. The term has been frequently mentioned in popular culture, most notably in the WWE when Latino-themed wrestler Eddie Guerrero used the term to address Chyna during a 2000 gimmick. "Mamacita" was also the name of a song by the hip hop group Public Announcement, also released in 2000. Although the song and the saying were made popular in the same year, most people associate this expression with Guerrero who frequenly used the word as part of his "Latino Heat" gimmick.
There is a good chance that it was intentional......