Quantcast

Sam Hill Fisheye?

dondon

Monkey
Too bad that 1 photo and relating post has spawned a sudden overabundance and I'm sure soon overuse of the previously seldom seen polecam. You can try to do something different from time to time only to have it copied next time on the hill. Polecam=new tiltshift.

My ultimate inspiration from my all time favorite photographer and rider pairing.
1987 J.Grant Brittian and Chris Miller. Upland CA. It probably is one of the first images i can think of that inspired me to get into photography and of course front side nose bone airs.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My ultimate inspiration from my all time favorite photographer and rider pairing.
1987 J.Grant Brittian and Chris Miller. Upland CA. It probably is one of the first images i can think of that inspired me to get into photography and of course front side nose bone airs.

That was one of maybe five mag spreads I actually put on a wall in my 17+ years of skating.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
yeah you guys!!
hot daaaaaamn--
had that one up taped to the wall too!!
outta transworld, wasnt it?
remember his maney crash in the combi-pool -- hungup on a huge bside air str8 to flat?

(& on a scandalous self-promotional note, i've got a shot o' the whip in my highlight reel a coupla threads down :)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Too bad that 1 photo and relating post has spawned a sudden overabundance and I'm sure soon overuse of the previously seldom seen polecam. You can try to do something different from time to time only to have it copied next time on the hill. Polecam=new tiltshift.
And the problem with that is?? There are what, 6 photographers on the circuit who regularly get their shots in all major mags and online sites. You are the only one that I have seen this seen use it on a "constant" basis during the races. I did see a few other am photographers using the pole cam and I did a few shots as well at Bromont but our stuf isn't being published enough to saturate the market with polecam photography.

I have noticed that it is really hard to take that previously unseen photo or new style while at a DH race. It has all pretty much been done before but you have put your own style on it and have pretty much mastered it in my eyes.

The pole cam is a great shot and I will admit it here, in the right situations, the tilt shift shot looks good as we discussed at Bromont. It did get overused on non tilt shift items, Intense bike shots being the main culprit.

The Sam shot is a sick shot.