Quantcast

Santa Cruz Ride..Thursday the 16th?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
anyone down for a good xc/kind of dh ride around sc? I'm from east bay, so I need a local RM goon to show me around. I'm going to build my heckler this weekend, so it should be ready to ride then. let me know! i wanna ride SC with it!!! thanks
Sean

paulbug

Chimp
Oct 6, 2004
California
My friend Todd and I go ride on the weekdays a lot, but alas, didn't see your post till too late
Up for a ride tomorrow, Fri?
Definitely XC/DH...no shuttling. Burning legs, FS bikes, small air, lots of miles.
Paul

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
what trails did you do? i couldn't go because i crashed and broke my brake with my hand :mad: . and did you only go with sam or with a fat kid named mat or with a non-fat kid also named matt

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
IronJim said:
what trails did you do? i couldn't go because i crashed and broke my brake with my hand :mad: . and did you only go with sam or with a fat kid named mat or with a non-fat kid also named matt
Yes, those are the kids I went with. Fat-Mat loafed out and just quit with his crap Specialized. Matt was sporting the V-10 with 5th Ele. and Sam had his 05 Big Hit. it was a fun ride. let's see, I can't remember the name of the first run, but it involved a 30' gap that no one had ever done along with some sort of weird wooden fortress with a 15' drop? The second one was Magic Carpet Ride. dude, that trail was sweet, except for getting to the top and finding out sam's chain guide had come off, along with his chain. We fixed it, and I said that it would come off 3 more times. We hit the muddy jumps and found his chain off..yea, I was right. But let's see, that was a great trail, burms were smooth and jumps were fun. I'm going out this tuesday with Paulbug. I think we're meeting at either Safeway or Groc. Outlet at 9. let me know if you want to go..I hope sam and matt can roll too.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
ya that first trail was dead campers. sam told me he took of his chain guide, and i am shure that he didnt put it on right because, well, he doesnt really know anything about bikes (sorry sam, but it is true).

i crashed saturday and broke off the pod of my break with my hand, and my hand still hurts. my bike is in the bike shop and they said that they will have the part by wednesday. if they do have it by tuesday i would want to go with you and your friend. i will PM you if they do

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
paulbug said:
My friend Todd and I go ride on the weekdays a lot, but alas, didn't see your post till too late
Up for a ride tomorrow, Fri?
Definitely XC/DH...no shuttling. Burning legs, FS bikes, small air, lots of miles.
Paul

Where do you ride? I'm going to be up at Santa Clara for school, looking for someone to ride singletrack with.

The Ito

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ito said:
Where do you ride? I'm going to be up at Santa Clara for school, looking for someone to ride singletrack with.
Dude, what a killer ride today. we rode felton/santa cruz behind ucsc with XC/DH trails. I don't know much aboot Santa Clara riding, but i'm sure we could find some.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
hey do you want to ride with me and sam, today
i am also going with matt (not fat mat) and another kid named eric. we probley arent going to be up there till 11. and i might bring a camera. i'll be on RM till then.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
IronJim said:
hey do you want to ride with me and sam, today
i am also going with matt (not fat mat) and another kid named eric. we probley arent going to be up there till 11. and i might bring a camera. i'll be on RM till then.
Can't ride in sc til next week or so. too much gas/time/miles on truck. we'll see...

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
what good trails are at mt diablo. i go up to concord a lot because my grandma lives up there.
i am going there for christmas, but i cant bring my bike. i know i will be up there again in a month or two, and my parents said i can take my bike with me then.

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
Hey Jim which car are you bringing, I remember a little while ago you asked if i could go to concord with you,So im up for it,+ i havent been in concord for a long time, maybe ill see some old friends.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
the van, i have to buy the fork up's when i am in foster city tomoorow. that way i can put my bike on top on the van.

oh your crash was so funny :nuts: , i showed it to all of joey's familey and i was messing with the effects on the camera, it was cool :D

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i figured it out last night. i had to delete stuff of my computer to make space for the program that came with the camera. then i was able to put it on the computer.

the progam that you and matt wanted me to use wasnt compatibul

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
Yeah, I woke up this morning and my shoulder is hurting pretty bad from that.But Hey atleast i cleared it :D. and i cant get my new chain guide til after christmas, but when i get it ill hit the gap again. and hopefully make it to the jump without crashing.And if your going to post the crash on the internet atleast post the jumps i did make too, just so i dont look that horrible.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i am only going to post the crash. it is less of a download, and i will try to put it up on monday.

dont have the the bike shop put your chain guide on because i can do it for free.
talk to you on monday

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
DownhillnDunkey said:
Which ever one of these is cheaper: e-13,mrp,mr.dirt. I need a bashgaurd with the guide cuz my chainring got bent because i didnt have a bashgaurd
well, if your chainring got bent, then you most probably need a new one. how many teeth are you looking for? 38? 36? 34? take a look on ebay and tell me what kind look good/cheap. we can do something.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
sam i think you should get a mrp. i think it would work good on your bike. i really think you should get a blackspire (i think that is how it is spelt) but it is a little more expensive. but if your godmother is going to pay for it get that one.

i personley like being to only person i know with a gismo