Quantcast

santa cruz this weeken?

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
scurban- where you's guys riding this weekend? looks like i won't be back until saturday, probably early afternoon. i think i'll have a bike, too :thumb:. lemme know, i'd like to ride for the first time in 2 weeks.

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
dirtjumping would be sweet. although, i just found out earlier today i may be up in the bay area. some of my friends from LA are heading up into san francisco, so i think i might go meet them up there. but i'll let you know.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
What do you need? I've got a lot of tools, but usually I just cut the steerer with a hacksaw, and tap the star nut in with the back of a screw driver and a rubber mallet. If you don't mind doing it that way, I've got all the tools you need

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
well, usually i use a hacksaw and guide, although just a hacksaw works, but a pipe cutter and sandpaper is easier (well, maybe not easier on a steel marzocchi steerer). as for starnuts, i usually use a star nut press, but other things will do the job.
i'm trying to find my way to san francisco for saturday night and sunday, but that may or may not happen, don't know yet. so i don't know if i'm riding or not this weekend. one way or the other, we've got to hit sand hills(with video camera) before september.

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Prolly taking the wife out Sunday afternoon for a couple of runs. Hitting MB and DC. I haven't done WC, so if someone wants to show me... I am thinking of doing a shuttle. Anyone else? Gave me a call.
(510) 329-9451

Scott
(Slow guy on the big white Norco)

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Ran into a guy at twin gates tonight who had just ridden MB. Sounds like the rangers have been out there in the last day or two. Apparently the ramp up to the big ladder has been torn town (but the rest of it left alone). So keep an eye out.

elderz

Chimp
Jul 31, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
jimw said:
Ran into a guy at twin gates tonight who had just ridden MB. Sounds like the rangers have been out there in the last day or two. Apparently the ramp up to the big ladder has been torn town (but the rest of it left alone). So keep an eye out.
Damn! I was hoping it would last a little longer than that. Well, im going to have to go up there and check it out. Also see if they took our tools. My guess is that it wasn't the rangers but rather, the angry bike hater up the road.
Oh, well. I hope you all enjoyed riding it while it was there. And don't stop building just cus some people take stuff down.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
jimw said:
Can anyone confirm this?

jollyrodger

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
So, who's riding when? Is there any fun urban stuff up there? call me (Julian: 509-995-6216) if anyone wants to ride.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
jollyrodger said:
So, who's riding when? Is there any fun urban stuff up there? call me (Julian: 509-995-6216) if anyone wants to ride.
whats up Julian, I am in to riding urban, and DJ.

By the way MB was destroyed!!!!! Its very obvious that it was not a ranger either, Judging by the mess left, it was a mountain biker with no skills, that was too scared to ride up the ladder, and tore it down because of his fear that his friends would find out just how much he sucked at riding!

elderz

Chimp
Jul 31, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
it really sucks that people will take down something like this that effects them in no negative way. this being said, if anyone has any pics of the structure i would like to see them. if you could send me a pm i can give you a place to send them too.

EpicRide

Chimp
Aug 14, 2004
Bay Area
It really pissed me off to see Mailboxes torn down. I'm not quite ready to take that jump, but my friends were psyched to hit it.

Rangers would have taken the whole thing out. Whoever did that deserves to die a horrible death.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
ya its fix able. have any of you ridden world cups because ive ridden Dead campers(as well as most of the other ucsc trails) and mailboxes but im looking for a new challange. any info would be great