Quantcast

saturday gfmt....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
me and insomnia are drinking hot chocolate and listening to crickets....

contemplating this mask for upcoming plane ride and rescheduled RATM show

20200502_014519.jpg

might be overkill....

i call bullshit on the shipping charge though...

@Pesqueeb ....too much coverage for flight?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
me and my night-owlism are drinking beers and working on some freelance collection catalogue entries for another museum to help provide a bit of extra income. hope to dig and/or ride some when i roll outta bed. another gorgeous spring day appears to be on tap.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
another gorgeous spring day appears to be on tap.
it was fucking glorious friday.....perfect sun/cloud ratio....

going to try and spend sunrise sunday morning somewhere on the blueridge parkway...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

going to try and spend sunrise sunday morning somewhere on the blueridge parkway...
a few parts are closed:
I recommend driving to morganton, heading over to brown mountain beach rd.; left at the "T" by Betsy's store, and following it until it turns into edgemont road and then up, eventually, to a left on 221 to the parkway @ beacon heights. or you could turn onto roseboro rd. in edgemont and take that up to the parkway . . . we're planning on a wilson creek excursion (which will hopefully include a ride for me) on Sunday.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a few parts are closed:
I recommend driving to morganton, heading over to brown mountain beach rd.; left at the "T" by Betsy's store, and following it until it turns into edgemont road and then up, eventually, to a left on 221 to the parkway @ beacon heights. or you could turn onto roseboro rd. in edgemont and take that up to the parkway . . . we're planning on a wilson creek excursion (which will hopefully include a ride for me) on Sunday.
planning on taking in the view 70 feet up at frying pan mountain lookout....plan b...
go hike max patch mountain....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going riding at 12...

Have new brake pads to put on the bike, but I need to bleed my brakes if I put them on. Doing that before a good ride seems silly...something will inevitably screw up.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Shimano brakes. Haven't bleed them in a while, so the fluid is probably black. Need to take every precaution to not engage death mode.
Push all that gunk UP and out the MC, not down and out of the caliper. Full syringe, push slowly.
Coincidently I ordered 1L of fluid yesterday. Last bottle lasted years.

Riding somewhere today. Maybe I'll time the rain right.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

What part of NC you live? I’m in AVL. We actually rode up to Graveyard Fields yesterday. Was windy as fuck but not a single human except us. I love to see the forest getting a much needed instagram break.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What part of NC you live? I’m in AVL. We actually rode up to Graveyard Fields yesterday. Was windy as fuck but not a single human except us. I love to see the forest getting a much needed instagram break.
gaston...charlotte

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Push all that gunk UP and out the MC, not down and out of the caliper. Full syringe, push slowly.
Coincidently I ordered 1L of fluid yesterday. Last bottle lasted years.

Riding somewhere today. Maybe I'll time the rain right.
Why that way?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Why that way?
because I said so, that's why.

I dunno, that's just how I do it. Moar moving parts in the caliper vs MC so I don't want all the gunk pushing through there, plus filling bottom up increases odds you move any air bubbles up and out. It's probably fine either way.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

I dunno, that's just how I do it. Moar moving parts in the caliper vs MC so I don't want all the gunk pushing through there, plus filling bottom up increases odds you move any air bubbles up and out. It's probably fine either way.
I shall try it out!

The rear lever is also making that dreaded click sound and is a tiny bit slower to rebound. Pretty sure that's what happened the last time one of the levers failed...

Ever run into that?

And, if the black crap is originating up on the handlebar, don't want to push it down through the calipers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The rear lever is also making that dreaded click sound and is a tiny bit slower to rebound. Pretty sure that's what happened the last time one of the levers failed...

Ever run into that?
I don't think I've ever had that issue. Which model and how old are these brakes?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
An hour into deep woods hike with dog. Weighted pack for extra pain.
Epic woods shit completed to avoid shitting myself, thank god for wet leaves.
More shed then onward we go.
Gorgeous fucking day, finally.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Insomnia. I should go ride.
me and insomnia are drinking hot chocolate and listening to crickets....

contemplating this mask for upcoming plane ride and rescheduled RATM show

View attachment 144527

might be overkill....

i call bullshit on the shipping charge though...

@Pesqueeb ....too much coverage for flight?
Seems adequate. Depending on the aircraft you might not have a place to plug it in. I should MR one for myself.

Hola, my newfound friends
What fuckery is this?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkeys. Going to be 70 today with only light winds. Going to ride the road from Belt (MT) to Monarch for some steady state cardio. Starts out with 9 miles of railroad grade climb for a nice warm up followed by 11 more agressive miles. The 20 miles back are all downhill, speeds in excess of 50MP are easily attained but not recommended.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'morning, heathens.

Patio beers went kinda late last night, feeling real groggy today. Gonna take The Cartel™ to the park to run around and chase the ball for a while, then maybe try and get a ride in before it rains. The rug for our patio is being delivered today, so we'll probably need to test it out later with patio drinks. I suspect I'll be groggy again tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
2FC6B3CE-F80F-4CB5-9BDF-CA333557D25C.jpeg

Built a rocket for space obsessed middle child. Much superglue mess. May launch it this afternoon or tomorrow.