Quantcast

Saturday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wide awake. Wifey accidentally turned off the AC this afternoon and the upstairs of the house is sweltering. Too hot to sleep, so I've spent the last hour researching how to remove a tile backsplash and granite tile counters. We're getting ours replaced and the labor for those steps and disconnecting the plumbing is almost $2k. I can figure that work out on my own.

Going to be a busy weekend. Long run tomorrow, Wifey needs to work a bit, I need to finish installing the garbage disposal, SolarCity coming by in the afternoon, and a kid playdate in the morning. Sunday is my fit for the tri bike, so I'll be there for 3 hours. I need to get in a 30 mile ride, change the oil in both cars, replace 5 sprinkler heads, and my basic garden maintenance. Writing is all down makes me realize that I have way too much to do this weekend.:shocked:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After a week tripping on antibiotics and having some crazy dreams nothing like a good night sleep after a 125 mile ride. First long ride on my Roubaix and it really was the right tool on a very rough ride with tons of choppy road. Also much more comfortable arms with the higher bar height. Today I will do nothing but relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good morning! I started the weekend with a sweet ride with my next door pal, not too long but good pace and we had fun in some chunk, too. If things go well, I'll be hitting Highland tomorrow afternoon. :weee: Too bad my new pink cranks for the DHR did not arrive before the weekend. :rant:

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Wife has to work all day so the little guy and I will be hitting up our friend's house warming party bachelor style. :dirol::cool:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up with a headache. What a day ruiner, but whatever I must push on and get a ride in. I know I'll regret it if I don't.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like the dead last night. Gotta catch up on yard work before it gets too hot. Contemplating a 2 or 3 day camping trip to Durango/4 corners for some bike action. Any CO monkeys wanna ride Hermosa Creek, mid week some time after the 4th?

SolarCity coming by in the afternoon,
Let me know what you think. I've been giving this some serious thought again. As much as I'd like to fund solar panels for our house myself, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too debt averse to do it.

*edit: Just now realized that SolarCity is offering a purchase option. Buying or doing the lease thing?

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Slept like the dead last night. Gotta catch up on yard work before it gets too hot. Contemplating a 2 or 3 day camping trip to Durango/4 corners for some bike action. Any CO monkeys wanna ride Hermosa Creek, mid week some time after the 4th?

Let me know what you think. I've been giving this some serious thought again. As much as I'd like to fund solar panels for our house myself, I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too debt averse to do it.

*edit: Just now realized that SolarCity is offering a purchase option. Buying or doing the lease thing?
Probably lease. I'm interested in the fixed monthly payment more so than making profit on a regulation that might change (utility energy purchase).

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Probably lease. I'm interested in the fixed monthly payment more so than making profit on a regulation that might change (utility energy purchase).
Kind of what I'm thinking as well. Probably didn't make the news in your part of the world but the Springs big power plant tried to burn down a couple weeks ago, so of course there is already talk about how much everyone's rates are going to go up to rebuild the ancient, polluting, piece of sh1t. Let me know what you think after they come by.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Chest cold sucks big time, neck is stiff, low grade fever and The wife has her GF's coming over for a Girls weekend. I am retreating to the mobile man cave for the day and night. Have to do a EMT standby all Sunday so I might just drive over there tonight so I can sleep an hour or so later in the camper.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kind of what I'm thinking as well. Probably didn't make the news in your part of the world but the Springs big power plant tried to burn down a couple weeks ago, so of course there is already talk about how much everyone's rates are going to go up to rebuild the ancient, polluting, piece of sh1t. Let me know what you think after they come by.
Will do.

Just finished my run. 5 miles at 10min pace. Not exactly a record breaking pace, but I can keep it pretty consistently, which is what I need for Austin. Ended up sleeping in the guest bedroom with Haley last night. She woke up having what I can only assume is a nightmare and wouldn't go back to sleep by herself. She did let me sleep until 7am, so I did get 6 hours in. I still need to find out how to get more sleep in.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Did you get the foot switch option on the head?
Nope. But the Mesa shop is just down the street. I just got the Barefaced cab. That thing is a monster. 24lbs and a single 12" driver. It hates being soft pedaled and wants the watts. The Buster mates up like a dream.

pugslybell

Chimp
Jan 23, 2002
Durango Colorado
Squeeb you should check out engineer or jones Dutch Pinkerton or colorado trail above hermosa. Hermosa is not bad but several rides right in that drainage that are just so much better unless you are riding with a bunch of non riders then hermosa all the way.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Nope. But the Mesa shop is just down the street. I just got the Barefaced cab. That thing is a monster. 24lbs and a single 12" driver. It hates being soft pedaled and wants the watts. The Buster mates up like a dream.
I love Mesa stuff, sounds just right.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy. I'd be down with the SolarCity lease option, too, unless I could roll in the cost into the original mortgage.

Today is giant goodbye family dinner day. 20 people. Movers took away all of our stuff, so we're living on the dregs of whatever stuff the mother in law has for guests.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Squeeb you should check out engineer or jones Dutch Pinkerton or colorado trail above hermosa. Hermosa is not bad but several rides right in that drainage that are just so much better unless you are riding with a bunch of non riders then hermosa all the way.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'll be going with at least one semi-experienced rider. I suppose if I make a couple days out of it maybe we can hit most or all of them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm sure they'll do something. I got one of the new frames from them. They straight up replaced the old one under warranty, which was great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The links started to wear out. They weren't horrible, but there was definitely some play in the suspension. Originally they were going to replace it with the same frame, but basically said f-it and gave me the new one. Their reasoning was that I would still have the same problem. I think my frame was just outside of the warranty period too...

Should try and get yours replaced :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Squeeb... this.