Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had the fucked up dream of the year - that we had lost Haley at Fisherman's wharf in SF. I would like to go back to sleep, but that ain't happening now.

Picking up the bike Nick found later this morning, then Haley's 5th birthday party at 11.

Damn I could use some more sleep.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Time to go ride bikes. It rained last night and this spot is a sandy based soil, so I'm expecting hero dirt without and grease.

One of my little pepper plants seems to be exploding with peppers and flowers. :banana:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I slept a bit too long again, the chores won't do themselves, will they? Last night's rain was quite heavy with 1.5" of water in only a couple of hours. Let's hope today stays mostly dry.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. We are taking Mariko to an indoor bike obstacle course for kids later this morning. I shall ride tomorrow.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Sleeping pill, ftw.

Went to the Guerrilla Gravity mega cookout last night. Had a couple of beers, and won a Pedalhead frame :rockout: I'm thinking Purple Drank.

Coffee and watching DH from Les Gets, then taking a quick ride then partying like a 5 year old with Mr. and Mrs. Stoney.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sleeping pill, ftw.

Went to the Guerrilla Gravity mega cookout last night. Had a couple of beers, and won a Pedalhead frame :rockout: I'm thinking Purple Drank.

Coffee and watching DH from Les Gets, then taking a quick ride then partying like a 5 year old with Mr. and Mrs. Stoney.
I was wondering what you won, that's rad as hell.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I was out of the house at 5 am to wrap up my work week by 10 am. Now I need a nap, will ride this afternoon when the winds are expected to drop below 15MPH, last nights ride ended up in gusty 20 to 25MPH winds... did not like.

Beginning tomorrow I will be working 2 or 3 days a week through the end of July, I am maxed out at 480 hours and will lose anything over 280 on January 1st. That is not going to happen. :monkey:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sleeping pill, ftw.

Also, frame or complete?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There was a tornado warning, but now it's sunny. The heck? Going out for a dumb pavement ride. But first, time to hit the shed...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Much vert at granby ranch courtesy of the ski lift. I always forget how much I hate all the sandy trails there...

It was definitely a moose kind of day, almost had one on the front of the car as it ran across the road. Then I think I have a mooses ass print on my goggles I got so close to a mother and calf on one run. They then had to close a bunch of the trails in the middle as it wouldn't leave.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hero dirt was found during this morning's ride. We also got thundered on and rode through hot stale air. Had a beer break on the edge of a big ridge with the most perfect breeze.

Went for another ride on the skinny tire bike after some rain. So many birds were out on the path, along with some turkeys. Also rose through some flooded sections like an idiot; water was up to the axle. But God damn was that ever fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Newborn / family photos were finally taken this am. That was an ordeal with a toddler. Oof. That called for a 2 beer lunch, which was followed by a 3 hour nap.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bday for the junior ms. stoney a success. Her new bike is going to be so cool.
Pizza, beer and cake is the athlete's menu.
Indeed. Bike is in pieces and stripping in process. We're thinking raw aluminium with a pink fork. The spec will be amazing for a 5 y/o.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to pedal up White Ranch tomorrow. All are welcome. Probably at trailhead around 9. Planning an @Adventurous style loop: long loop but cutting off Mustang early to minimize the re-pedaling back up hill bit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Discovered today that an group of enthusiastic, yet perpetual Newbies have posted GPS maps of the OG Spot which is technically illegal. Also the same place where I and a few dedicated others have built/worked since the '90s. We Gnomes are not happy with this idiocy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Discovered today that an group of enthusiastic, yet perpetual Newbies have posted GPS maps of the OG Spot which is technically illegal. Also the same place where I and a few dedicated others have built/worked since the '90s. We Gnomes are not happy with this idiocy.
Give em the boots, medium style.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to Duthie and messed around on some easy jump lines. As I have never had access to trails with jumps I feel like a newb. Come to the realization that I have the skills, it is just a matter of building confidence. Hit the same lines over and over figuring out how deal with too much/too little speed.

Saw a group of grown ass adults getting biking lessons. Riding around cones in what is essentially a gravel parking lot. Not sure how I think about that?

Planning on heading east tomorrow and hitting some proper elevation. My legs are afraid.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm going to pedal up White Ranch tomorrow. All are welcome. Probably at trailhead around 9. Planning an @Adventurous style loop: long loop but cutting off Mustang early to minimize the re-pedaling back up hill bit.
Well shucks, too bad I didn't see this or I would have joined you. Instead I had the pleasure of working on the house nearly all day. That doesn't sound nearly as fun. :think: