Quantcast

sauce suggestions for butternut squash ravioli?

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Looking for a good sauce to accompany butternut squash ravioli. Recipes and jar recommendations welcomed. No meat though, holiday guest is vegetarian. Not vegan so milk ingredients are okay.

Thank ye.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Roast the seeds with S&P & toss them into what ever you go with. The crunch will be teh bomb.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hazelnuts sound even yummier.

TreeSaw, if it's not too much trouble for the recipe, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll wing it from the notes in here.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thought correctly. I don't have patience for such culinary detail as making my own pasta. It's for the greater good of anyone who would be eating it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hazelnuts sound even yummier.

TreeSaw, if it's not too much trouble for the recipe, I'll take it. Otherwise I'll wing it from the notes in here.
Not a problem at all! In fact, I can even send along a recipe for the ravioli itself (no need to make your own pasta, you can use wonton wrappers)! Enjoy!

Hazelnut Brown Butter Sauce:

* 2 sticks unsalted butter
* 1/4 cup coarsely ground hazelnuts
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 8 sage leaves, chiffonade
* Salt and freshly ground pepper

Melt butter in a medium saute pan over medium high heat. Add hazelnuts and cook until the hazelnuts are golden brown. Add the heavy cream and cook for 1 minute. Add the sage and season with salt and pepper, to taste.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'd go with the buttered sage sauce as well. :thumb:

Which reminds me... anyone need sage? I've got $hitloads of it.

Had sausage with beans for dinner tonight and it only called for a T. of fresh sage. I've got POUNDS of the $hit. :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
DEEEELICIOUS! Sorry I didn't get a photo of the meal but it turned out great. Bummer I didn't get back online to use your recipe TreeSaw but I will use it in a future butternut squash ravioli dish.

We did pine nuts since I already had a big bag. Sage, and ****ake mushroom, butter, oliver oil, garlic. More folks showed than scheduled so we included some spinach and cheese ravioli and the sauce worked great for both.

Thank you for the great suggestions!

burninup99

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
ive had butternut squah ravioli out in restaurants and it is usually served with a white cream sauce..something like the sauce they use in linguini alredo i assume?