Quantcast

Saw these today..

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You know that's just a small piece of 1/8" chain that any bike shop would probably give you, right?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I had one a few years ago that I closed with a chain tool so it was slightly more permanent, but I ended up taking it off after a few weeks because it got annoying.

And I used a piece of a KMC chain. It was shinier than those :p

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I used to make those stupid bracelets when I was bored at teh shop with spare chunks of chain... Only I would spend about two bucks for 50 real bracelet closures...............

They sold like mad for five bucks each...........One ten dollar retail priced chain, two bucks in closures....... 50-75 dollars profit.....

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I will say stainless steel is going to be way better than that janky-ass chrome and nickel crap you guys are talking about. You don't have to buy Wipperman, even KMC has the S10 now.

Pete..

Monkey
Feb 11, 2009
Santa Cruz
Earlier this month I saw a store/booth in an airport selling these. Funny enough they were marked as 'eco', 'green' and 'recycled' jewelry. Hahahahahaha.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I use the KMC x9SL with Ti-Nitride coated gold with quick link, made one for my girl too. She digs it (she can prob ride faster then most of you too, shes that good.)

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
just wait till you fools fall, and your wrist swells up. Happened to a bunch of us a few years ago, one kid didnt quick link his (still almost impossible to get off when your wrist melons up) and they had to cut it off at the hospital