Quantcast

Scenic areas around seattle?

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
I have to come up with some cool scenic spots around seattle to do some model shoots. Give me your top 3 spots. I found discovery park last night so thats out. anyplace else? heres some pics from the shoot :)

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
As others have said...

Arborteum - Japanese Gardens or areas down by Lake Washington

Golden Gardens

Alki Beach - kinda cliche but the views across the water to downtown are cool nonetheless.

Seward Park maybe?

UW Campus: Red Square, the walk way from Red Square to Drumheller Fountain, the quad where all those cherry blossoms come out.

How about Harbor Steps (between 1st Ave and Western)? More urban "scenery" but it might work depending on the context.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've always loved Discovery Park since i was a kid. :)

did you know you were taking pictures next to a city sewage treatment plant. ahhh i love Seattle. haha. And up until a few years ago the hill on GasWorks were actually covering up tons of toxic waste from when the refinery was operational.
Some good spots people have mentioned, there are tons of small parks and cool little areas around, you need to just ride around the city and check it out, considering don't really know exactly WHAT you're looking for in terms of scenery.

moondog

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Ballard, WA
derekpearson said:
hey thanks,

Where are the golden gardens located?
Like Snacks said it's West Ballard. The park is just north of Shilshole marina.

from I-5 get off on N 85th and head west (only way you can go). follow that until you hit water. maybe similar to your previous location so you might want to check out other places as well.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
You could even shoot in Pike Place market....

With your skills you can fuzz out everything but the model but still tell there is stuff happening behind/around her. The bums won't mind watching either. :D and by bums I mean guys like me. hahaha.