Quantcast

Scotch Part II trivia please!(Hijacking?)

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Well, after much debate (internalizing anyways, talking to my multiple personalities ), I decided this warranted a new thread. SlowSSer and I are now drooling, it is just oozing out our smile laden faces.

So what do all the Johnnie Walker labels mean? I know the basics, Red, Black, and Gold. I am now familiar with Blue. Now there is Purple and Green too :confused:

So what is the deal? Give me the trivia the www is not able to really help. Plus I like enlisting my family on the Monkey.

Thanks!

Mike (salivating)

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
red black gold blue.

dont know bout the rest of that stuff, ie purple and what not.
But blue is about 200+ a 750ml bottle.

never had it, had gold and the othres though.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
purple (well, looks purple to me) has been seen at local alcohol establishments for about 75 a bottle...or the lables were funky.

green is supposedly international waters only? so basically you'll only find it on cruiseships?

any truth to that?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yeah... the blue is quite nice.
I picked up this sample pack for $100 that came in a nice box and it had a 200ml bottle of Red, Black, Gold, AND Blue.
The blue was noticeably better than the gold.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
After a little more poking around, I found that Green Label is 15 year old Single Malt. Sounds interesting. Yet there is no mention of it on Johnnie's website. Also saw internet prices of around $75 for a 750 ml sampling. Enjoy!

Mike