Quantcast

Sea Otter Super D video

zoey

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
california
This is really boring to watch but in case someone was thinking about signing up to race it at least it shows the course.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
:disgust1: not to be a negative nancy, but there is a lot of good singletrack in fort ord that they could have used. It's looks like whoever will be able to sprint the longest will win. The cougar mountain classic super was like that, it didn't reward any technical skills whatsoever. I thought super d was supposed to be about dh skills mixed with good fitness, not something that a you could win on a road bike.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
What a sleeper. Compare that to the Sugar NMBS that was 50% rocky greasy singletrack, some of which was part of the old pro/ex DH course.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Yech. Knowing that area too, it's sad to know they rode right past 2 other options that would at least throw you on to some nice flowy single track.

Also knowing the conditions around Laguna Seca, I can also say that there was no way they could have had anything very technical. All the trails around there are ultra smooth and mellow.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
ssssssshhhh!!! Don't say that too loudly or I wont have any local places to easily score lots of sweet stickers and wander around pits any more!

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
ouch... the race is gonna be won by a short track xc rider wearing a skin suit and tucking on the dh parts....

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
wow talk about a lame course. thats not what I consider Super D at all. They should just call its "Dirt Road XC".

pshh.