Quantcast

Sea otter today, 2:00 OLN

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I hate OLN. Its always got dudes fishing, hunting, or smuggling plums on road bikes. I remember the good ole days when it used to actually have frequent MTB shows on. Ride guide MTB, bike mag, and race coverage. Now you have a better chance to win the lottery than to see quality MTB coverage.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Begin Rant:

About a week ago my girlfriend was flipping through the guide on my cable and it said sea otter was on OLN. I got all excited and was like "Change the channel!!! Change the channel!!!" She thought I was mental and switched to OLN, and I was dissappointed as hell when I saw a whole lot of XC guys pedaling up a hill. The dissappointment got worse when this continued for like 5 more minutes. I eventually gave up and watched something else.

Now I'm not bashing on XC in any way, it's just boring as hell to watch. I was expecting 4x or DH or something cool to watch but NOOO, OLN devoted a show to the XC race. It's like watching golf, it's just the same thing over and over and over.

Rant over.

Originally posted by zane
Begin Rant:

About a week ago my girlfriend was flipping through the guide on my cable and it said sea otter was on OLN. I got all excited and was like "Change the channel!!! Change the channel!!!" She thought I was mental and switched to OLN, and I was dissappointed as hell when I saw a whole lot of XC guys pedaling up a hill. The dissappointment got worse when this continued for like 5 more minutes. I eventually gave up and watched something else.

Now I'm not bashing on XC in any way, it's just boring as hell to watch. I was expecting 4x or DH or something cool to watch but NOOO, OLN devoted a show to the XC race. It's like watching golf, it's just the same thing over and over and over.

Rant over.
OLN did two shows for the Sea Otter, one was XC oriented, the other was gravity oriented (MTX, DS, DH...)
But they don't tell which one their showing, just have to toon in and see which one you get.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I was rather disapointed in the show

major 4x coverage, mens and womens. then they fart out some in the pits crap. then the 4x semi finals. then they show 10 second clips of the top 3 dh men and women, then 4x dj (btw, that jump sanjay cleaned on that 16".... was sick) and commercials.