Quantcast

Sea Tac saturday....anyone down?(rain or shine)

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
so i got a new bike, mountain cycle shockwave 9.5, and im down to ride rain or shine saturday. I'm thinking around 10 am ish, but i'll prolly be there till about 1-2. I'd be nice to ride with some people...dont worry about the rain, its fun to get muddy sometimes, especially on a new shiny bike!!!!
jesse

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
jesse you are insane! sounds like fun though. my mom has a flight to kingman arizona saterday and i am sure my dad would not want to take me out to the air port, drive back, then drive back out to get me, then drive back, and then drive back out to drop my mom of, and then drive back again. sorta confusing:confused: :confused: :confused: if you want to come out and meat me some were(half way) that would be awsome.

oh and i have a question for ya? i was trying to take my casset off of my kona. i took my cog remover(bar with chain on end) and broke it loose but it didnt come off then i tryed to tighten it and wasnt able to? ya now how? thanks

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I can't tomorrow, or Saturday (going to Seahawks game), however Sunday I will most likely be there, rain or shine....uhhh...i mean rain.

The bike sounds sick though. Can't wait to check it out though.

Sep 8, 2004
I'll be down for riding pretty soon, like another week or so. Just got my heckler in the mail, and the bighit is always ready to roll!
'Course with my wrist, I'll still end up spending a bit of time behind the camera.

-James

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
I'll be out there early on Saturday. I just put together the New Azonic Steelhead single speed and want to get it a little dirty.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
hey jesse mc jess,jess i think it is a go as far as meating at the supermall! but what time and place(burgerking,mcdonalds).later oh and i am writing this from my english class in school, i am supost to be writing an essay:mumble: so i will check back in when i get home(3:00)later!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Wait a minute...weren't you slamming on Shimano last year...something about it's sh*t and SRAM is the bomb?:think:
;)

I might be drawn away from ark-building duties long enough to squeeze some runs in.

Holy Hell, James. You're alive!!!

Ryan - at the rate you're going, you will pass my post-count before the weekend is done!:blah:

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
ryan/kona29 said:
netguy do you have a bmx or hardtail if so me and jesse will be at skate barn sunday from 7:00-10:30! it would be cool if you could show up!
No mate. Just the SX Trail and Demo. I do need a hardtail to add to my collection though!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Wait a minute...weren't you slamming on Shimano last year...something about it's sh*t and SRAM is the bomb?:think:
;)

I might be drawn away from ark-building duties long enough to squeeze some runs in.

Holy Hell, James. You're alive!!!

Ryan - at the rate you're going, you will pass my post-count before the weekend is done!:blah:
he he he, funny! hey another one!

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
ryan/kona29 said:
hey jesse mc jess,jess i think it is a go as far as meating at the supermall! but what time and place(burgerking,mcdonalds).later oh and i am writing this from my english class in school, i am supost to be writing an essay:mumble: so i will check back in when i get home(3:00)later!

What, they let you get on the internet these days at school? Let me guess, everybody takes a notebook to school, and surfs all day wirelessly in class?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Just got back from a 2hr rip out there...wasn't bad initially, BUUUUUT it soon commenced to dumping. As long as it doesn't continue things will likely be A-OK tomorrow.
There's some blowdown on some of the singletrack sections in the park (PARK - park...not FLOWPARK - park) itself, so if you're going out there to rally keep an eye out.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have mud to rinse from my everything.:dancing:

Sep 8, 2004
The way this is going, I might have to skip on the bike, and take a kayak down there!

Yes, I'm alive, barely by the definitions. No biking in about 4 months is hardly alive! I've got the new heckler in the shop getting customized a little bit, tougher springs, etc. From the quick sub 2 mile run I did on it, I'm liking it a ton.

I originally broke my wrist last may on the bmx, then let it heal, got a few rides in, then messed it up a few more times. Hopefully it'll stay healed this time 'round.

-James.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
Netguy said:
What, they let you get on the internet these days at school? Let me guess, everybody takes a notebook to school, and surfs all day wirelessly in class?
well we were suppost to be wrting an essay in class on the writng thing(microsft word) but when you sing on the computers they sing online automatically, so i said screw the essay(i will do it at home) and went online. thats all.
oh and sorry guys i cant go out to sst tomarow because i striped my casset out and the bike shops dont have any ''pawls''. jesse do you have any? for a ringle hub(threw axle)

Sep 8, 2004
I'm thinking wednesday I'll be back on the bike, I think I get it back from the shop then or thurs... and I could always just take the bighit out.
And andy, I have my spiffy new 06 Subaru Forester XT for the beer runs ! Not that I have to make beer runs very often, I keep the fridge packed with that stuff.... and frozen pizzas of course.

-James

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sure enough, things were very ridable. The usual boggy sections, but overall it was totally rippin'. Oh yeah - where was everybody???

Somebody got out there before we did...at first I thought it might be Super Bunny

I think the prints are too small to be Super Bunny.

Sep 8, 2004
Maybe superbunny decided to bring the kids out.... or perhaps it was just raccoons.

I'm counting down the days till I'm back on the bike.... this week or next! Too bad they shut down Victor Falls though, I was hoping to get some daily trail rides in too, since its so close. SST isn't too far from work though.

-James.

Sep 8, 2004
Yeah, its been shut down for a few months now. Its soon going to be all houses... and a golf course. What a waste. That place was tons of fun, and local. Now I might as well move, there are no local spots; well at least nothing close anyhow.

-James.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
any body heard of the white river tree farm in the bonney lake area! they already have a cross country thing going on out there, parking lot and everything! i was back there one time and there is already some laders and stuff(they suck) but there is defenetly some great spots for dirtjumps,small dh runs and, tons of free ride stuff! what do you monkeys think about building some stuff out there to replace sst?

oh and the dirt is great for sculpting jumps!

Sep 8, 2004
The area you are talking about is victor falls. Its supposed to be shutdown because they are tearing it all down to build houses/golf course, other bs.

-James.

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
I was at SST yesterday afternoon, Also last tuesday (conditions were awesome then). Pretty much all of the jumps were totally rideable. It was a little slick in places, wet dirt slowed you down too. the SST dirt/sand sticks to EVERYTHING, probably not so good for the bike (abrasive). I don't think I'll ride there again until the rain slows down