Quantcast

Searching for an inexpensive truing stand

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I'm looking for an inexpensive truing stand. I'd love the park TS-2 but that's just not in the budget right now. I've found this one from Performance Bike and the site reviews are positive but I wanted to know if anyone else has used it and has anything to share, positive or negative about it. I figure for $40 it's a tough deal to beat though. Throw in an alignment tool and a set of spoke wrenches and building wheels shouldn't be too tough right...

With a stand like this, how important is a dishing gauge or a spoke tension meter?

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=15314&srccode=2047&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Datafeed-_-null-_-null##

psychobiker

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
charlotte nc
i got that the other day in the stor for 39.99 + 10.% off works well.. i also got the workstand cheap. dish gauge and spoke tensioner mmostly for build ing new wheels... if you know what your doing with just truing you should be okay

nycurse

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I own that turing stand i love it. Its light, protable and does a great job at straightening my wheels. I bought mine for $40 and i think its one of the best buys i have had this season.