Quantcast

Seat and Post

Feb 17, 2009
San Francisco
I just bought a Haro steel reserve 1.1 and I need a new seat and post to replace the crap it came with. I've never ridden a pivotal post on my BMX but I'm thinking about buying one for the Haro.... I don't run my seat slammed so I'd need one of the longer ones: redline, primo, or macneil
also I tend to sit down sometimes (gasp) so I'd like a seat with some padding... So, do I got the BMX route and get a pivotal seat/post ( if so which of the longer posts are better?) or the MTB route and order somewhere (where?) other than Dans- I've been riding a nearly stock Giant method team for a couple years now so I'm not up on the BMX trends...

Wolfsburg

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
Seattle
On a good impact, rails have more give. My buddy got cut up in a bad place by landing on a pivotal. The seat snapped right behind the bolt and made a very sharp edge. It was not a good situation.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
If you want pivotal, get any post in the right diameter/get a shim, since all of the posts are essentially the same. Comfy seat would be the Macneil Fat Capital. SO cushy.