Quantcast

Seattle Supercross! I can't wait *shaking violently*

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
OK I am going to the Supercross tomarrow. Who else is going? The Mutoli family is....who else?

also

Friends and I are probably going down early for dinner. What are some good places to eat at? There is the brewery across the street, right? Is it any good? What about north of the stadium? I heard there is an Azteca....:confused: I rarely go down there so what are a few good places to check out? Having a bar is probably a good thing.

Dress for rain....it might be a little muddy. :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Corporatefailure said:
Yah the pyramid ale house is good, along with some spots in pioneer square.
"Some other spots" helps me none. :D Any idea the their names? ;)

Anyone been to Cowgirls Inc? Supposed to be like a Coyote Ugly type of bar.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MUTOLI said:
I hope our seats are in a covered area!!!
I am buying a $.99 pancho at a drug store just in case....if it is real bad I guess we can walk around and find sheltered seating.

Braaaaaaaaap! (I haven't figured out how to type a 4 stroke sound yet) :D

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I'm going!

Paid a sh!tload of money to be close to the track and not covered. Oh well, if it dries out a little bit it will be worth it to see Carmichael, Reed, Bubba, or Windham win it in top form. This SX season has has been a good one!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
RhinofromWA said:
I am buying a $.99 pancho at a drug store just in case....if it is real bad I guess we can walk around and find sheltered seating.

Braaaaaaaaap! (I haven't figured out how to type a 4 stroke sound yet) :D
SWEET!!!! I just found out our tickets are in a covered spot! I don't mind rain...but only when I'm on my bike!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MUTOLI said:
SWEET!!!! I just found out our tickets are in a covered spot! I don't mind rain...but only when I'm on my bike!
:thumb: and :mumble: at the same time. :D If you see a pathetic soul drowning in the rain make some noise. :dancing:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
RhinofromWA said:
:thumb: and :mumble: at the same time. :D If you see a pathetic soul drowning in the rain make some noise. :dancing:
We are UP in section 335...in case you are walking around trying to stay some what dry!! :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Langer said:
I got the link from http://www.supercross.cc.com/. I took me a couple of tries to get the web cam open.
I get some lame....WindowMediaPlayer thing and it says

Battery: sepiaswirl and if it doesn anyhthing it is a stupid light swirling show. :(

now a little window pops up and says:

Windows Media Player error

Insufficient bandwith available to fulfill request

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Went three years in a row up till they downed the Kingdome... had hoped to come down to this years now that its back but wasnt able to:( ill be down for next year though for sure, just glad its back in town!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
I'm so excited to check this out! Went to the one up in BC Place about 2 months ago and it rocked even without some of the major players there. Should be real interesting with the weather, especially if it keeps raining like is now.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I have a couple friends who are going but I didn't know about it till today, and I think my roommate's friends little brother is racing too. I wish I could go though, it looks like fun.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Guntruck said:
I'll be there soaked in section 125. :stosh:
:D I was in section 119 Row MM seat 11

Saw Chad Reed #22 get pushed over the 1st corner berm by Bubba Stewart. :thumb:

Stewart won but I was impressed with Reeds effort to get back in the game he closed in on Stewart(Carmicheal, and Windom too) to take 4th after starting almost a half lap down and having to pass all the riders again.

Stewart was FAST but I think it would have been a different story if Reed made it thru the 1st corner. Bubba had his bike everywich way but straight :) but he was always relaxed looking even at his screaming pace. Mu buddies were saying how out of control he was...I think it was jsut so aggressive it looked out of control....but even when the bike looked like it was getting a way from him he was always charging forward and going for it. :thumb:

Ricky Carmicheal looked a little off. Smooth, just not attacking like I know he can....Kevin Windom was having a good night too....real consistent and smooth.

My favorite rider of the night was Reed. I tend to root for the under dog and starting a half lap down, no matter how fast you are puts you in an underdog category. :cool: It was jsut amazing watching Reed cut thru the riders like that.

I :heart: Seattle Supercross!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
RhinofromWA said:
Man oh man! Tonights the night. :D

and it is pouring outside....:mumble:
WAIT..WAIT WAIT....WAIT!

:think:

It was...

RAINING?

In WASHINGTON!??

:confused: :eek: :confused:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
H8R said:
WAIT..WAIT WAIT....WAIT!

It was...

RAINING?

In WASHINGTON!??

:confused: :eek: :confused:
It stopped mid day and was sunny with broken clouds. :thumb: :D The track was wet but most of the mud was taken off the track. A bike came off the track and found one of the mud "storage areas" and was up over it's axles. :D Had a group of guys trying to free it and drag it out. It was kind of funny.

Why they would build a football stadium in Seattle with no roof is beyond me. :think: :mumble:

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i was there too, up in the nosebleed section. man did u see ramsey casin all the triples? that was scary, but i'm glad a ktm rider won it! i was happy stewart won, but pissed that reed got knocked off the berm. amazing comeback though, one more lap and he coulda had rc. we got stuck in the worst traffic jam after though, we couldn't move for like a half hour or more! overall though it was definitely worth the trip from tri-cities!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
freeridekid said:
i was there too, up in the nosebleed section. man did u see ramsey casin all the triples? that was scary, but i'm glad a ktm rider won it! i was happy stewart won, but pissed that reed got knocked off the berm. amazing comeback though, one more lap and he coulda had rc. we got stuck in the worst traffic jam after though, we couldn't move for like a half hour or more! overall though it was definitely worth the trip from tri-cities!
We parked on the top floor of the stadium parking garage. We made it as far as one level down before we stopped and sat there for about 45 minutes. :( I jsut walked over and watched the 5 lanes of cars leaving the garage and knew it would stil lbe a good while before we started to move.

Parking garage---> :nuts: <---Me

From our angle it was hard to see the casing but we sat at the corner at the end of the 3rd straight away. So when the guys biffed on the triple we had a good look.

I never saw what happened to Tadesco in the heat race. ESPN2 just showed the seattle SuperX and he got crossed up in the whoops and launched into the landing zone of the finish line jump. :eek: All we could see was the red cross flag and a guy pulling the tuff block over. I thought someone really got hurt...then noticed the #1 Kawi wasn't around. Grad he was OK.

I give the best ride of the evening to Reed. Simply amazing to fight the track and pass all the riders and come thta close. Truely inpirational. When he got knocked of the top of the berm, I cheered, for the action not that Reed was taken out.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
From where I was sitting I had the whoop section and triple right in front of me. Ramsey cased that triple at least 4 times and wrecked right in front of me in the whoops. He put in one hell of an effort. I'm a Ramsey fan after that main event ride!

I liked how Stewart came out the first lap of practice pinned it through the whoop section and launched the triple. That was crazy! No one else was doing that until two laps later. 3/4 of the 125 field couldnt even get through the whoops.

If Reed wouldnt have been launched over the first turn berm he and Stewart would have been battling for the lead. Reed was looking fast and loose all night. Cant wait for Washougal!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Langer said:
From where I was sitting I had the whoop section and triple right in front of me. Ramsey cased that triple at least 4 times and wrecked right in front of me in the whoops. He put in one hell of an effort. I'm a Ramsey fan after that main event ride!

I liked how Stewart came out the first lap of practice pinned it through the whoop section and launched the triple. That was crazy! No one else was doing that until two laps later. 3/4 of the 125 field couldnt even get through the whoops.

If Reed wouldnt have been launched over the first turn berm he and Stewart would have been battling for the lead. Reed was looking fast and loose all night. Cant wait for Washougal!
Reed was hauling a**!!! He was right on RC's butt at the end...I was so wishing there was one more lap!!! :rolleyes: