Quantcast

Secus, finally got a chance to ride..amazed

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
All these young whipper snappers getting high tech products to make their suspension work properly.
Back in my day, it was like "Hey, my boxxer feels like ass!"

Tech: Best I can do is drill a hole in it.
I remember there being MountainSpeed coil kits for Judys and Englund air cartridges for Quadras so aftermarket junk has been around a loooong time...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I remember there being MountainSpeed coil kits for Judys and Englund air cartridges for Quadras so aftermarket junk has been around a loooong time...
Ha, I remember both of those. I was just making fun of the fact that one year it really did make your Boxxer ride a ton better by drilling a bigger hole in the cartridge.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Secus is a HUGE difference...night and day tracking...it played really nice withy coil on back..
At my weight I had it ramped to 140psi...was good could have backed it off a few psi..

Trying the runt now...don't have a conclusive run on the runt yet....but the secus I will say I Love that thing....was amazed.....

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Secus is a HUGE difference...night and day tracking...it played really nice withy coil on back..
At my weight I had it ramped to 140psi...was good could have backed it off a few psi..

Trying the runt now...don't have a conclusive run on the runt yet....but the secus I will say I Love that thing....was amazed.....
We still have to know how they feel
TOGETHER

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Anyone serviced lowers with the Secus installed, yet? I just did today, and there was a notable absence of oil in the air spring leg. Is the Secus a thirsty animal? :panic:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Anyone serviced lowers with the Secus installed, yet? I just did today, and there was a notable absence of oil in the air spring leg. Is the Secus a thirsty animal? :panic:
It can slurp up some oil. The IFP in the outer portion of the chamber is just there to try to squeegee it back into the lowers but it doesn't do it 100% perfectly — which is why it calls for extra, as @djjohnr said.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
Thread necro. Treated myself to a Secus for my birthday. Holy shit, I did not expect it to be this noticeable. The best I can describe it as being like a Cascade link for your fork, or adding about 10-20mm of travel to the fork (without changing geometry). It's super active in the first 1/3, and loads of midstroke support. 9.5/10, would bang again (had to deduct points for it being half as expensive installed as a new fork).

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Thread necro. Treated myself to a Secus for my birthday. Holy shit, I did not expect it to be this noticeable. The best I can describe it as being like a Cascade link for your fork, or adding about 10-20mm of travel to the fork (without changing geometry). It's super active in the first 1/3, and loads of midstroke support. 9.5/10, would bang again (had to deduct points for it being half as expensive installed as a new fork).
What fork?

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
What fork?
Zeb Ultimate 170 (current model, A2? the Buttercups one). Went from 0 tokens, 70 psi with HSC mid, LSC a couple clicks closed from mid to 78 psi & opened LSC 1 click and still was having about 15mm of travel left.