Quantcast

Seekin you monkeys' opinions on ebay situation

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I auctioned off a fork and a wheel for a friend of mine. Finally got his act together within a week and he's ready to package it and give the buyer a shipping price. But the buyer called me yesterday and asked me for a favor. I guess he got a DUI, and needs the cash badly, but he said he would pay for the listing fee. He also said that if he has no choice, he'd still pay for the parts.

Should I stick it to him? My friend's young, and I'm sure his mom is getting sick of him storing bike parts all over. We finally got a bite on this, and I'm afraid if I list it again it won't go.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Bisness is business and the buyer is a willing participant in a binding contract. The whole world is a sad song - make him pay. Period.

Well - unless this was some sort of Xtreme DH syle auction - then a cool, more laid back approach might be better.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Originally posted by DLo
I auctioned off a fork and a wheel for a friend of mine. Finally got his act together within a week and he's ready to package it and give the buyer a shipping price. But the buyer called me yesterday and asked me for a favor. I guess he got a DUI, and needs the cash badly, but he said he would pay for the listing fee. He also said that if he has no choice, he'd still pay for the parts.

Should I stick it to him? My friend's young, and I'm sure his mom is getting sick of him storing bike parts all over. We finally got a bite on this, and I'm afraid if I list it again it won't go.

well he shouldnta been stupid and gone drinking and driving. id stick it to him. atleast remember to give him good feedback though.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Yeah, the world is tough. But I still kind of like to help out a fellow biker. I don't think I'll have any choice but to go through with it.. but thanks for all of your input. The guy was really polite when asking - which is why I automatically considered.