Quantcast

Seeking input - What Would You Value This At?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
A local guy is selling the following:

This Univega Modo Vincere gives you a tig welded Columbus Thron steel tubed frame and carbon fork with a discerning Campagnolo mix offering all the benefits of the iconic Italian manufacturer. Classic road race geometry give you a more forgiving, comfortable ride than the typical cookie cutter racing bike.

The build is as follows:

Shifters: Campagnolo Centaur

Derailleurs: Campagnolo Centaur

Hubs: Campagnolo Daytona

Brakes: Campagnolo Daytona

Cranks: Campagnolo Veloce 53/39 172.5

Pedals: Campagnolo Veloce (will include brand new cleats)

Rims: Mavic Open Pro

Tires: Schwable Blizzard (brand new, never ridden)

Bars: Salsa Poco 42cm (1 week old!, same as the Fizik bar tape)

Stem: Ritchey WCS

Seatpost: FSA SL K

Saddle: FSA SL K

He's a good guy and takes great care of his rides. What would you value this at?

http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=16296&cat=3

Note his price factors in shipping so reduce it by $100.00 in my case. Also, I wouldn't need his pedals so reduce it further by about $25 or so.

Is it worth looking into?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I like it. I'd give him $600 no worries. You think you'll be able to sell it for what you paid for it 6 months (or less)? :D :monkey:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I don't know my campy levels - are Centaur and Daytona decent spec items?
Centaur is what I'd build a bike with if I was to be using Campy. Though Campy snobs, it is said, don't recognize anything less than Chorus. Super Record>Record>Chorus>Centaur=Daytona(old name)>Veloce.

I like the Univega better.

Mike Stone

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Danbury CT
I just put this on eBay at $850 not including shipping. 25 watchers but no bids. I'm in CT, by the way.

Ciocc Silver Shadow custom-built road bike. Size 56cm (22") seat tube measured to the center of the top tube. Top tube is horizontal and measures 57cm (22.5") from the center of the steering tube to the center of the seat tube. Standover height is 82cm (32-1/4"), so this would be considered a medium size frame. The Italian-made frame is Dedacciai EOM steel, with Dedacciai carbon fiber seat stays and Ciocc carbon fiber forks. Headset is Campagnolo Record.

I am the original owner. The bike is set up most specifically for long rides in hilly terrain, in terms of the components and gearing. The bike has substantial use, but was meticulously maintained, including a wash and wax, after every ride. The only original parts are the frame and fork, handlebars and stem, brakes, and rear derailleur. Everything else has been recently replaced with new parts.

Shifters, brakes, derailleurs are Shimano Ultegra. Sram 12-26 nine speed rear cluster. FSA Carbon Pro compact cranks with 48/36 chainrings. Nashbar Tourmalet SPD pedals. ITM 110mm stem, carbon fiber handlebars (40cm wide center to center). Wheels are Mavic Open Pro rims with Ultegra hubs. SDG BelAir saddle w. titanium frame.

The bike is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically and I love riding it. However, I recently bought a new BMC which is set up similarly, and I don't need both.

Buyer may decline the pedals for a $40 credit. Buyer may decline the seat for a $40 credit.

Insured shipping to the continental U.S. east of the Mississipi is $50. Insured shipping to the continental U.S. west of the Mississippi is $70. Insured shipping to Canada is $85. I can ship internationally, but the buyer must e-mail me for a shipping quote before bidding. Buyer may also pick up in Danbury Connecticut at no shipping charge.

There is no reserve.