Quantcast

Send some healing vibes.....

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
To our boy Holliswood who will be taking a break (HAHAHAHA Pun is funny) for a while after a particularly brutal crash up in Whistler this weekend.

Add another name to the broken collarbone list.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Dang, that sucks. We seem to be a quick growing club this year.

Heal up quick man.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Originally posted by Freak
Damn that sucks.....Get better quickly Kim!!

So Brock, how'd it happen?

I was actually out hiking with my wife when it happened. Speed Metal Nick was behind him but did not see it go down. It was on Dirt Merchant and Nick said he was HAULING A$$. Kim does not remember any of it. From the looks of his jersey, bent handlebars, etc. I am glad I did not see it. I imagine it would have been pretty disturbing.

I just got off the phone with him and he's hurting but feeling better. Heading to the ortho doc to get the full scoop.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Freak
Damn that sucks.....Get better quickly Kim!!

So Brock, how'd it happen?
Kevin said it was the last jump coming out of Dirt Merchant....small little jump that Kim hit going really fast and it bucked him....lots of road rash on his back.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Originally posted by Snacks
Kevin said it was the last jump coming out of Dirt Merchant....small little jump that Kim hit going really fast and it bucked him....lots of road rash on his back.
Yikes! One of my worst fears about jumps...getting bucked!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by MMike
Well that just sucks.

Out of curiosity (as my wife hurt herself skiing up there last year), did he go to the clinic there? Or did he wait until he got home? The whole insurance issue...
They went to the clinic up there. Kim also had a concussion.

Originally posted by MMike
Well that just sucks.

Out of curiosity (as my wife hurt herself skiing up there last year), did he go to the clinic there? Or did he wait until he got home? The whole insurance issue...

he went to the clinic, he had to he was in bad shape.....

I was after nick to and Kim was hualing ass...then the last booter bucked him hard...thats the scaryiest thing i have seen....

Get well soon bro!....

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I really appriciate all the get wells from everyone! It really sucks getting hurt, but it truly is part of what we all do wether we like it or not. I have been to the ortho and was told no surgery on the collarbone, and I had my CT scan this morning but no results yet. (I'm sure they will tell me there is nothing in there anyways) I really have no one to blame for this but me. I was not wearing my uppers, and Troy Lee helmets as cool as they look, don't offer sh#t for protection against head injuries. I was very fortunate to be in the company of such good freinds! Thanks so much to all of the guys who were there who took care of me. Especially Dorik for changing me out of my riding gear, and putting me to bed.(sorry about wanting to run around with my junk hanging out, i don't do well with concusions. especially since it was no# 8.) By the way, I am selling a close to new Troy Lee D2 carbon with only a few scratches on the back of it for $150.

See Ya !!!!!
Kim
:confused:

Originally posted by holliswood
I really appriciate all the get wells from everyone! It really sucks getting hurt, but it truly is part of what we all do wether we like it or not. I have been to the ortho and was told no surgery on the collarbone, and I had my CT scan this morning but no results yet. (I'm sure they will tell me there is nothing in there anyways) I really have no one to blame for this but me. I was not wearing my uppers, and Troy Lee helmets as cool as they look, don't offer sh#t for protection against head injuries. I was very fortunate to be in the company of such good freinds! Thanks so much to all of the guys who were there who took care of me. Especially Dorik for changing me out of my riding gear, and putting me to bed.(sorry about wanting to run around with my junk hanging out, i don't do well with concusions. especially since it was no# 8.) By the way, I am selling a close to new Troy Lee D2 carbon with only a few scratches on the back of it for $150.

See Ya !!!!!
Kim
:confused:

goo to see you didnt forget your new computer skills...glad your ok bro....;)