Quantcast

Session 88: Rider input?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
So the first run of these things seemed to have super thin tubing, and there was widespread complaint of dents. Whats the general concensus from those of you currently riding them for the 09' season? Was the problem fixed, is your frame trashed, what do you love, what do you hate, etc.
I've had a Glory DH frame on order, but my order wasn't filled from their first batch, and I'm stranded without a frame for the remainder of the forseeable season. The Session frameset is what I'm looking to order instead. So those of you who have time on this bike, post your thoughts. The numbers to me look certainly doable, I don't need convincing there, I'm looking more for durability and suspension input. I've done extensive searches on a number of forums, and haven't found a whole heck of alot.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Haven't had any dramas with mine, although I have not used it as frequently as my earlier DH bikes. I'm a big rider (95kg) but I don't have a history damaging frames. Looking forward to the 2010 model purely for a different colour scheme.

Wilson

Chimp
Feb 17, 2007
I've been on this frame since the beginning of May and it still hold up great. Those frames aren't as fragile as you could think. I crashed a few times (some minor, some bigger) and no big dent or puck anywhere. From what I've experienced / seen, somehow the toptube aera where the fork bumper bump? , seem kinda thin since a buddy have a puck after a hard crash, so did I. Execpt from that, no complaint.

Suspension is very "small bump" sensitive and their suspension design realy improve braking over bumps. It pedals like a hardtail and I've been mainly impressed with how it "rail" the berms.

I highly recommand this frame and have no worry about durability

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
hopefully their QC issues have been solved by now.
my buddy had issues with 2 frames that either cracked or was bent at the seatmast when they sent a replacement.
his third frame is holding up great and he loves it

he also has had some spectacular crashes and the frame hasnt dented any worse than another frame

Last edited:

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Its between the Session 88 and the Demo 8 for me next year. Both are nice but I cant decide.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
According to the rep the crazy thin tubing issue was addressed quickly and isn't the problem it once was. Its still a sub 10lb set up though, so I'm still going to be proactive with vinyl tape. As far as other changes go, all I found was the shock (rc4) and paint. The geo is the same. I ordered a frame this afternoon and canceled my Glory. Riding > Waiting til the lifts close.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
According to the rep the crazy thin tubing issue was addressed quickly and isn't the problem it once was. Its still a sub 10lb set up though, so I'm still going to be proactive with vinyl tape. As far as other changes go, all I found was the shock (rc4) and paint. The geo is the same. I ordered a frame this afternoon and canceled my Glory. Riding > Waiting til the lifts close.
Ahhh right, but did he say how and where at all? and if so an idea on the weight increase?

Its not that i care if its heavier, i would prefer it that way so it wont dent like the old one. But if there is no weight increase then the have been telling some white lies!! :D

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well here is my input on the session - I've beat the crap out of mine this year at snowshoe. Everything from road gaps, drops, and rock gardens and I haven't had a single issue. It's super balanced and feels unreal when carving turns - I would highly recommend this bike.

I hope this helps -