Quantcast

Setting up RC4 for 2010 giant glory - need adivce

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
hey I want to get some advice on setting up the RC4. Im riding the 2010 glory, weight 155lbs using a 350 spring.

Can I getting a little info on how the high/low settings work for verified terrain. Like what would it do if both were fully open or fully closed? etc..

Also some recommended settings would be good also thanks.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Set all clickers dead centered and start from there.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/msa-fox-racing-shox-set-ups-2010.html

This might only apply to guys going super fast, but that's almost identical to where I've wound up with my settings on the RC4 (5-6 clicks out rebound, 9-12 out LSC, 4-7 out HSC). Running the boost valve at 150-160psi and 0-1 turns in. Seems like people aren't deviating a whole lot from those ranges.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
ive a few friends with the new glorys think most of them are running the rc4s with all the compression off as there finding them a bit over damped, they were being bucked on jumps if they ran any low speed atall

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
ive a few friends with the new glorys think most of them are running the rc4s with all the compression off as there finding them a bit over damped, they were being bucked on jumps if they ran any low speed atall
you mean LSC? Maybe they should add some rebound damping so the shock wont feel like a pogo stick. Did the job for me. Also front/back rebound speed is kidna important if you dont want to go rodeo.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
yeah lsc am sure they'd tried the rebound. Was chatting to a good few glory owners when in whistler during the summer. None of them were too impressed with the rc4 and most were running little or no hsc or lsc to get them to work how they wanted. Ended up getting an rc4 for my own bike when i got back and am only running about 4-5 clicks of each even after a revalve.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
yeah lsc am sure they'd tried the rebound. Was chatting to a good few glory owners when in whistler during the summer. None of them were too impressed with the rc4 and most were running little or no hsc or lsc to get them to work how they wanted. Ended up getting an rc4 for my own bike when i got back and am only running about 4-5 clicks of each even after a revalve.
I feel my rc4 on the legend kinda separates me from the ground but I have some LSC on mine and with sufficent amount of rebound damping it is quite good. Its pretty strange it is that different for a glory.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I run my glory with no lsc or hsc dampening. I also found that it handles much better with a soft spring and the boost valve at 180psi 3 turns in. I am 185 or so with gear and am running a 400#ti spring. i tried a 450 and it was just too harsh.