Quantcast

shaturday gfmt....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up just because. It looks like our trips to Amarillo and Grand Junction this year will be Airbnb. Once you cross three days, it gets cheaper when you can stop dining every meal. I might look at a larger place and see if joining with another family makes sense too.

Off to try fitting a helmet for Haley today; hopefully the race shop has one in inventory. Swim for Hannah midday. Otherwise, doing chores.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woke up at midnight thirty. Suboptimal.

Given it was 70 freedums in Denver yesterday, maybe it will be nice today too, so I can bicycle but not in the rain.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Almost caught a fence row on fire yesterday. Thankfully was able to get it out before it good too exciting.

Made some avocado toast for breakfast, because I am a millennial and must embrace the stereotype. I waxed my mustache and put on a band that you probably never have heard of, before I ate it.

I might ride outside today. That would be great.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Korean BBQ last night for the kids birthday. I think I'm still full. Also made an emergency trip to the vet yesterday morning. It would seem that small dog got a hold of someones edible, as she had what my vet described as classic "THC toxicity". I thought she was having a stroke. Expensive day, but all's well that ends well.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Ran some errands, acquired some things. Nothing exciting, mind you, just the necessaries. I've put off buying clothes for so long now that 50% of my pants have sack sized holes in the crotch. Don't need anything drooping out now.

Maybe we shall take the child for a wander today. Or maybe the butterfly place. Who knows.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's race day on a Saturday and the wife has to work, so she is bitter. Mostly because she has to listen to it while trying to work in the front room. Too much rain for walkies this morning, so that will have to wait.

On a bike note, I saw Push made a fork and it's only $2600. :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
crazy weather last night. High winds, heavy rain, and one humongous thunder clap that shook the house. Light rain right now however the forecast is changing to showers mixed with thunderstorms. Looks like it's home gym, clean house sort of day

got on the scale this morning. officially lost 40 pounds since going on Thyroid meds. I need to lose another 35 to reach my target weight

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey-oh!! I had a 35 minute "raffle run" this morning where you get a ticket for every half mile loop you complete. I got 10 tickets and won cookies and coffee. Now this afternoon I've got another volunteer shift with the dog adoption group.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Very long week of playing body shop guy after work, but it’s done (other than the paint). So, I took the opportunity to sleep in this morning but need to get going. I need to go pick up my trailer “kit” so I can haul around a minute race car.

Going to attempt a ride today with a buddy. There's a high chance it'll be total shit, with the warm weather. But as long as we can slide down one hill at least..

It's story time uncle!
Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 3:34 PM
Subject: Abandoned car in parking lot
To: board

My friend shared this message this afternoon:
“Can you let someone know that there appears to be an abandoned Saab with no license plates parked very poorly in the Watershed parking lot?”

Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Abandoned car in parking lot
To:
Cc: board

Going to look...

Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 4:28 PM
To:

I called the state police, and with some difficulty got the dispatcher to send a trooper over.
The car is from Amherst, New Hampshire and has not been reported stolen. The state police are not allowed to remove a vehicle not reported as stolen from private property.
The trooper suggested leaving it for a couple days to see if it disappears. If it doesn't, we need to pay a towing service to remove and dispose of it.

Date: Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 5:29 PM
To:

The trooper called me back. There was an unreported accident on the plank road last night which the police relate to the abandoned vehicle, so they can and will now have it towed away.

From: Hauter, Sean via DPS.VSPMedia <dps.vspmedia@list.vermont.gov>
Date: Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 9:36 AM
Subject: New Haven Barracks/ Request for Information
To: DPS - VSP Media <DPS.VSPMedia@list.vermont.gov>

STATE OF VERMONT
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
VERMONT STATE POLICE

NEWS RELEASE

CASE#: 24B5000969
RANK/TROOPER FULL NAME: Tpr. Sean Hauter
STATION: New Haven
CONTACT#: (802) 388-4919

DATE/TIME: 2/29/24 (evening) - 3/1/24 (afternoon)
INCIDENT LOCATION: Maple St & Plank Rd, New Haven
VIOLATION: Operating without owner’s consent
ACCUSED: Unknown

VICTIM: Danielle Hemingway
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: New Haven, VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 3/1/24 at approximately 1556 hours, Troopers responded to a report of an abandoned blue 2000 Saab 9-3 with no license plate on Plank Road in the Town of New Haven. The following day, the vehicle was reported stolen by its owner, Danielle Hemingway (49) of New Haven, VT. The vehicle was believed to be stolen from her residence on Maple Street and driven to Plank Road between the evening of 2/29/24 and the afternoon of 3/1/24. If anyone has information related to this incident, please contact the New Haven Barracks at (802) 388-4919 or leave an anonymous tip at https://vsp.vermont.gov/tipsubmit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello! Two bikes were already ridden. Weather is going to turn and stay that way for a while, looks like. New bike is great. Still figuring out the EEB though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dude what is with drivers...I got beeped at while getting passed at 27 mph in a 35mph zone just outside of the center of town. Single dude in an F6000 contractor truck. So, I moved into the center of my lane for him.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I'm here to tell you if you want go delve the depths of life destruction you will get a much better bang for the buck with meth.
I'm here to tell you that a very good indicator of the proliferation meth in your area is by browsing Facebook marketplace.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dude what is with drivers...I got beeped at while getting passed at 27 mph in a 35mph zone just outside of the center of town. Single dude in an F6000 contractor truck. So, I moved into the center of my lane for him.
He's just late for the third job he needs to cover the $1700 monthly payment on his brodozer