Quantcast

Shed Thread for SUNDAY May 2nd

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I am trying my hardest to get to the Shed this weekend. I have a show I have to run Saturday night, but I'm hoping to drive up Sat night, and ride the Shed Sunday.

This is not definate, but I am REALLY trying. I NEED to ride this weekend if I am going to compete on the 8th.

Plus, I'm gonna need a place to play with my new toys :D

Any Takers?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by downy
I'd like to go sunday ... but I've never been so I don't have any clue how to get around.
If I can get up there, I'll show you how to go. Maybe we can even Carpool :)

I just got off the phone with Urban_Rider, he said he might be in too.

so.... anyone else, that has a shuttle worthy vehicle?

EDIT: edited for DBR

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
am i the only one who thinks certain terrain features ought not to be mentioned on the internet?? just a thought, same with "the jumps"..........

not tryin to be a dick ;)

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Originally posted by BigMike
Well, read the TITLE of this THREAD. It says SUNDAY, B1tch!

Dont make me ask the 5 fingers!
:D

i'll consider myself SLAPPED...but i'm still riding Saterday.....who's with me?

B1TCH

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Well, Saturday knows where they're going. Who's the bee-och now? :D :devil:

Mike, If I decide to ride up there both days this weekend I'll let you know.

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
If I can get up there, I'll show you how to go. Maybe we can even Carpool :)

I just got off the phone with Urban_Rider, he said he might be in too.

so.... anyone else, that has a shuttle worthy vehicle?

EDIT: edited for DBR
But Mike, do you really know your way around on the trails? Because I hear it's complicated and I want to ride this "evolution" that I've heard so many great things about. Otherwise I'll just have to switch my work from saturday to sunday so I can ride with people who actually know where they're going. :p

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i'd like to join up for the saturday ride (or the ride where people know where they are going). if the ride is on sunday, i might be able to manage it as well... but saturday is preferred.

i've only been there once and that was last week, but rode down the blue trail for miles and then turned around and hiked/biked it back up.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by DßR
am i the only one who thinks certain terrain features ought not to be mentioned on the internet?? just a thought, same with "the jumps"..........

Nope. I seem to have already gained the reputation as the local grouch in such matters. :D

I'll have to get one of those old Hawaiian "Locals Only" surfing t-shirts to complete the look. :p

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
But Mike, do you really know your way around on the trails? Because I hear it's complicated and I want to ride this "evolution" that I've heard so many great things about. Otherwise I'll just have to switch my work from saturday to sunday so I can ride with people who actually know where they're going. :p
I'm in for Sunday Morning... early. So get your lazy arses out of bed and be there by 9am if you want a tour. I've got a shuttle truck. I know where all the trails are. I'd like to make as many runs as possible becasue I too need to sharpen up the skills for May 8th. Let's limit it to 4-6 people cause I'm tired of my sh!t getting f-ed up by 25 bikes hanging off the sides. Somebody else have a truck, were obviously gonna need two for this to work. PM me to discuss details...

ben

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Animal Mother
I'm in for Sunday Morning... early. So get your lazy arses out of bed and be there by 9am if you want a tour. I've got a shuttle truck. I know where all the trails are. I'd like to make as many runs as possible becasue I too need to sharpen up the skills for May 8th. Let's limit it to 4-6 people cause I'm tired of my sh!t getting f-ed up by 25 bikes hanging off the sides. Somebody else have a truck, were obviously gonna need two for this to work. PM me to discuss details...

ben
Yeah, thats the whole reason I want to go, is to get in some time on dirt before the 8th. I've got a station wagon, I can put one or two bikes inside (as long as they arent COVERED with mud) and I have a rack I can put on the back which will hold two bikes (its meant for light bikes, but hey, I drove to WG with two DH bikes on the back, so I think that shuttling will be fine :))

Getting there by nine is gonna SUCK! but i'll do my best :) Dont know if I should split the ride up, go to Springfield Sat night, and then Fredrick Sun morning, or just leave directly from Richmond at like 6 on Sunday morning :eek::dead:

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Yeah, thats the whole reason I want to go, is to get in some time on dirt before the 8th. I've got a station wagon, I can put one or two bikes inside (as long as they arent COVERED with mud) and I have a rack I can put on the back which will hold two bikes (its meant for light bikes, but hey, I drove to WG with two DH bikes on the back, so I think that shuttling will be fine :))

Getting there by nine is gonna SUCK! but i'll do my best :) Dont know if I should split the ride up, go to Springfield Sat night, and then Fredrick Sun morning, or just leave directly from Richmond at like 6 on Sunday morning :eek::dead:
i'd recomend spliting the trip... it's gonna take you at least an hour and a half to get to the shed from Springfield and that's if you fly and now exactly where you're going.

ben

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
and yeah, it takes me about an hour and a halfish to get there from Springfield, but it only takes me an hour 15 to get to Springfield from here. Or, I could be like Dan and get from here to the 'shed in.... 45 minutes :D (PS, never follow Dan out of the 'shed)

((Or up 270 for that matter))

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by DßR
hmmm....how many speeding tickets do YOU have, Mike? ;)
Only 1. My copdar is usually in tip top shape. It was just that one night, I was talking to my rommate on the way up to DC, and whammo, Blue lights. What made it worse was my license had just expired :dead:

How many do YOU have?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
ooh, I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I don't have ANY tickets....:eviltongu

I imagine that'll change a by a LOT this summer though....goin' thru Nevada I'll definitely have the 4runner maxed out.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by DßR
ooh, I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I don't have ANY tickets....:eviltongu

I imagine that'll change a by a LOT this summer though....goin' thru Nevada I'll definitely have the 4runner maxed out.
You mean you havent already maxed that thing out?

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Ok, so who's in for sure? I'm just about positive now. I'll try and make it up there both days if I can get off of work. I haven't ridden dirt in sooooooo long and I still haven't given my monster a true test!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
You mean you havent already maxed that thing out?
nah, the speedo only goes to 110 anyway. I've only taken it just over 100; I couldn't go over 95 or so with my old tires b/c it would just shake itself to pieces. Now I'm smoooove sailin, should break that big 110 one day soon...:rolleyes:

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by DßR

been there done that... went through Death Valley at 95 mph bouncing the rental Blazer off the rev limiter the whole way. UNTIL i passed the Nevada Highway Patrol.... so he let me slide cause i've been pulled over about 50 times and have became the master of talking sh!t to cops. i ended up with a 77 in a 65.

Oh yeah, one more thing... IT DOES'NT MATTER that i got a ticket in NV cause it never transfered to my FL drivers licence :D not sure about VA though...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by DßR
nah, the speedo only goes to 110 anyway. I've only taken it just over 100; I couldn't go over 95 or so with my old tires b/c it would just shake itself to pieces. Now I'm smoooove sailin, should break that big 110 one day soon...:rolleyes:
Oh come on man, I've had my VOLVO up to 110!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC

But ANYWAY..... I will make it there in however long it takes me, so who is meeting Ben and I at the 'shed at 9 on SUNDAY?
I'll see you there. I'm feeling saucy this week and have decided to ride both Saturday and Sunday at the Watershed this weekend.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm in. :D

Mike, can we carpool?
Yeah, if you chip in for gas

EDIT: We need to figure out how many people are in, we might need you for shuttles......

So far we have Ben, Damian, you and me ANyone else?

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
I'm in for Sunday morning rise and shine bright and early.

Then, after the shuttles I'm gonna try to hook up with Glen and John about 1 for a "trail ride". You know the stuff where you have to either pedal or push. I haven't called them yet to see if they're riding, but they usually do.

I haven't decided about Sat. yet.

Sarah