Quantcast

Shed Thread for SUNDAY May 2nd

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i'm a maybe for sunday. it depends on how things go tomorrow (first time being shown around at the shed) and if i have anything come up for sunday morning.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by BigMike
But ANYWAY..... I will make it there in however long it takes me, so who is meeting Ben and I at the 'shed at 9 on SUNDAY?
i will be there on sunday.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Cool, so we'll have 6ish people?

Myself, Downy, Damien, Ben, Sarah, Kiristin.

Anyone else coming?

See we dont need Mark and his crew! SUNDAY RIDERS RULE!

David, I can pick you up if needed, but it would be better for me to just stay on the highway... Let me know. PM me your number or somthing

EDIT: actually, I may be splitting the trip in half and coming home Sat night. If that is the case, I can take you. I"ll let you know tonight or tomorrow when I know for sure

CountZero

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Hey folks,

I'll meet you out there on Sunday. Damien, I'm looking forward to finally riding with you.

Downey, email me at tom_osullivan_[at]_crimsontreesoftware_[dot]_com and we'll make arrangements to drive up together. I'm sure you know how to make that address work.

T

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by CountZero
Hey folks,

I'll meet you out there on Sunday. Damien, I'm looking forward to finally riding with you.

Downey, email me at tom_osullivan_[at]_crimsontreesoftware_[dot]_com and we'll make arrangements to drive up together. I'm sure you know how to make that address work.

T
Cool, sounds good Tom. You have a truck right? As the number of riders for the Sunday ride grows, it might be handy to have another truck other than Ben's for the shuttles. See ya then.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by CountZero
Yes, I should have clarified that I have a pickup truck.
also, i believe fireman dave will be there with his truck...

re: meeting point, somebody pm me with the exact location of the bottom of e, i think i know where it ends, but i haven't ridden it yet, so i'm not sure.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by kirstin

re: meeting point, somebody pm me with the exact location of the bottom of e, i think i know where it ends, but i haven't ridden it yet, so i'm not sure.
I just emailed you the info.

Shaidc18

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
NoVA
To late to join the sunday ride?
I have been riding fountainhead 2 or 3 times a week and need some new trail.
How far is this place from Woodbridge, about 45min south of DC?
I have a busted K2, 2 seater, and a bike rack.
-Paul

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wow, there's lots of people now... Cool, as long as we can all get up the mountain! (or pretend mountain if you will)

I am in the middle of a big dilemma here. I got my English paper back, and my teacher did not like it so much. My entire class grade depends on this paper. I have to get it done tomorrow, and ALSO install my new Evil. BUT, I have a show tomorrow night I have to run. I gotta be there at 6:30, and it will probably go until about 10.

My plan is to try and get my paper done in the morning, get to the bike shop for some tools and finish putting on my evil in the afternoon, and then do the show, and then drive up home for the night, and ride Sunday.

I hope I can get it all done!

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Tom probably won't be making it up unless if conditions drastically improve. But I think I'll be ok since i'm on a dh/fr bike. Can anyone give me a ride? I'm in Annandale (NOVA).

Mike, I can pm you directions. It shouldn't be more than 5 minutes out of your way to pick me up if u take 95 to the beltway to 270. (I don't know how you get to the shed from richmond though).

CountZero

Chimp
Sep 9, 2003
Falls Church, VA
Just got in, sorry for the late notice. I am out for tomorrow's ride.

Call me a wimp, if you like, but this is more rain than I'm comfortable dealing with on the rocks.

Catch you all another time.

Tommy

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
i'm in for tomorrow. i didn't break anything on my first group ride at the shed today and i got the DJ1 put on the P3 on the way back home. thanks to everyone for putting up with my slow hardtailness. now, if i could only get my hands on a real DH/FR bike.

Shaidc18

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
NoVA
You can count me out too.
I got a little brave hucking off a hill today and had a main course of dirt along with some grass and a side of sharp tree branch.

If someone can pm me the directions there i might go Weds or Thurs or maybe both. I can take one person and 3 bikes with me. I live 40min south of DC in Woodbridge

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, where are we meeting again? and can you PM me directions on how to get there from 40? (I know basically how to get to the shed, but directions would be good too :))

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
What a great day! Met a bunch of new people, had some really good runs, and made my new best friend for life :):love: ;)

And hey Mark, guess what? IT DIDNT RAIN! and, I'm not crying

b1tch!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by downy
But it did rain. Well at the begginning it was wet I guess :rolleyes: . But Mike did cry, when he broke his derraileur hangar. :p
It didnt REALLY rain, and it turned into a B-E-A-utiful day.

and I didnt cry, I cursed a lot. There is a differance!

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Glad to hear you guys had a great time... Sorry I didn't make it up. I went out and rode a little street Sat night and blew the bearings out in my swing arm... AGIAN! Gotta get it repaired before this weekend, can't miss Mass-of-nothing!

b

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Animal Mother
Glad to hear you guys had a great time... Sorry I didn't make it up. I went out and rode a little street Sat night and blew the bearings out in my swing arm... AGIAN! Gotta get it repaired before this weekend, can't miss Mass-of-nothing!

b
Well, thats why you should stick to the dirt :)

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Nice meeting you DamienC and Sarahmaria(?). I was the rigid singlespeeder that took a wrong turn and ended up at the bottom of the hill. One look at you guys and I felt like a fish outta water! That hill climb up was :dead: !

I was on a totally different vibe, but I had an awesome 15 mile ride. I'll just remember to stay out of y'all's way :p

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Drevil
I was the rigid singlespeeder that took a wrong turn and ended up at the bottom of the hill.

I was on a totally different vibe, but I had an awesome 15 mile ride.
Dude - crazy respect for riding a rigid SS in that area of the Watershed :thumb:. It was nice to meet you too! I was psyched to see another Outback with an Angry Asian sticker :D.

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Originally posted by DamienC
Dude - crazy respect for riding a rigid SS in that area of the Watershed :thumb:. It was nice to meet you too! I was psyched to see another Outback with an Angry Asian sticker :D.
With the right gearing, you can practically ride everything. I like 32x17.

The funny thing about the sticker is that I put it on and gave up suspension soon after! :confused:

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by BigMike
What a great day! Met a bunch of new people, had some really good runs, and made my new best friend for life :):love: ;)
hehe, how long do you plan on living, btw?

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
Originally posted by DamienC
ricky gets mad rizzzpekt all around... he was part of the original thursday street posse ~4 years ago