Quantcast

Shed Work Day

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
Anyone interested in working on some of the frontside DH runs (Lawnmower, Jumpity Jump Jump trail, Blue Trail) PM me. There are three trees that need to b cut out and the jumps need more dirt. I also want to try to clean up some of the trash that has collected up by the Verizon gate, and the bottom of both runs. Thanks alot....

-" I want you to go out there and hit the ski lift...."
-"Hit the ski lift???"
-"Yeah you've run into everything else on the mountain, I want you to be perfect"

Keeping it Ghetto....Shedpimp

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
i'm game. when did you have in mind?
count me in too. won't be available this coming sunday though. should i bring some fo-dees so we can pour it out (for the homies) and smooth out some of the jumps?

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
I was just putting the idea out there...ya'll know with my slacker-ass job I have all the time in the world, plus it only takes me 5 min 13 sec to get up there...so if'n you guys from No Va want to co-ordiante a time and let me know that's fine. However I am working 24 hours on Thurs, and 48 hours in a row on Sat/Sun so this weekend's out...Let me know......

SHEDPIMP

"wildly inappropriate"

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I'm guessing you're talking about the beheading tree...the huge one that is down just after the washout with that line up the right-side wall of the gully halfway down the pipe run. That one is a real buzzkill that you'll need a chainsaw for. I'll be up there Saturday, as usual.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I was thinking Saturday anyway, even if it's Pimp-less. The beheading tree needs to go and another one near the top as well. Y'all up for that?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
I was thinking Saturday anyway, even if it's Pimp-less. The beheading tree needs to go and another one near the top as well. Y'all up for that?
looks like i can ride/work on saturday although my bike is still ghettoed out since mtncreek.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I think i should be good depends on time but I should be able to. Ride a little after the heckler has never been there.

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
Hell yeah...do it up fella's ...I'd brind some Vicks vapo-rub for undar ya nose...there's a few deer carcasses lying around! Oh yeah....just make shure Danny-Boy doesn't cut and "Korean" lines!!!!!

SHEDPIMP

-Drinks like Palmer.....rides like Pee Wee

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
If I don't go to the swap meet in PA on saturday then I might show...and bring pick axes so I can get rid of all those damn sharp rocks!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
llkoolkeg said:
Anything I can bring that might be useful? Unfortunately, all I really have so far as tools is a garden shovel and a machete. I should have most of Sat. free until dinner time...
A garden shovel would be quite useful.

Along with one of these:

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
so what's the deal? is it going to be saturday? sounds like a good # of people are willing...

come on now dan, who needs a chainsaw ;) when you've got your handy dandy pocket saw? :thumb:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Yup. Saturday. 9:00 at bottom of Hamburg work for everyone? Earlier start means more time to ride when we get finished....

Dave and I did a nice job with the axe a couple months ago, it looked like a mad beaver went down E. Chainsaws are definitely over-rated.

SHEDPIMP

Chimp
Jul 26, 2004
Ok I rode today...The Lawnmower is good esp if u like to pedal (Dan...not!) someone however needs to make the log pile at the end of it more jumpy...the raving has absolutly NO line in it what-so-ever...plus 2 downed trees and a bunch of debris...all the jumps need work, the lips have been crushed, and the takeoffs r real soft. There's a bunch of trash at the bottom also. I'll probibly be up there on fri riding/cutting/etc. I didn't ride "E" today so I don't know whats up over there..but i will b on that side hucking on fri....so have fun fellas thanks for stepping up and lending a hand!!!

SHEDPIMP

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
ill be there, i dont what the heck i am going to ride. my 888 is at zocchi in CA, my AC needs headset bearings so that leaves my hardtail. :|
oh well. see you then.
--z--

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
If I don't go again to Mtn Creek - now checking into options - and I can get a lift to the Shed I can go. I like MC so much that I'm leaning toward renting a car to go up there.

After lifts close or whenever I'm stuck in DC I'll gladly assist in some Shed landscaping....especially Korean lines. I've got a pick, a metal rake, and two shovels.

Anyone selling a crap truck for under $2000?

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
Stiff said:
If I don't go again to Mtn Creek - now checking into options - and I can get a lift to the Shed I can go. I like MC so much that I'm leaning toward renting a car to go up there.
let me know if you don't make it up mtn creek this weekend (i'll be jealous)... i'm sure i can give you a ride up there since your sort of on the way.

stiff, i might be hitting up mtncreek again on the 16th for the day. have hotel stay and tickets to see my sorry ass 49ers play the jets in NY (courtesy of the GF's generosity, bday gift).

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
SDH said:
J

E

T

S

Jets..........jets...........jets
funny that... i've been doing that chant all year (closet jets fan). actually, i have curtis martin on my fantasy football team and he's kickin ass this year!

anyone but the redskins, cowboys, rams, and yankees (oopsss... wrong sport ;))

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
whale said:
let me know if you don't make it up mtn creek this weekend (i'll be jealous)... i'm sure i can give you a ride up there since your sort of on the way.

stiff, i might be hitting up mtncreek again on the 16th for the day. have hotel stay and tickets to see my sorry ass 49ers play the jets in NY (courtesy of the GF's generosity, bday gift).
I will say yes to this Mtn Creek Oct 16th thing. I guess the game's on the 15th?

I'll let you know about this weekend - thanks!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
If anybody who's coming tomorrow has or has access to a chainsaw, bring it. I have been f*cking around with this stupid piece of crap for 4 hours now, I had it running like a frickin CHAMP for a while, sharpened the blade, and now it's completely tits-up. Nada. So if you got one, bring it.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
DßR said:
If anybody who's coming tomorrow has or has access to a chainsaw, bring it. I have been f*cking around with this stupid piece of crap for 4 hours now, I had it running like a frickin CHAMP for a while, sharpened the blade, and now it's completely tits-up. Nada. So if you got one, bring it.
damn, i wish i had bought a chainsaw or an axe when i stopped by home depot today to buy stuff for my ghetto headset lock.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
61% chance of rain from 11am to 8pm. i'm made of sugar and will melt in the rain. i'm out. :mad:
the weather map doesn't show much rain heading our way until later tonight (who believe's weathermen?).

heading out the door...

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
damn. i should start subscribing to willsweather.com :think: 6pm and it's only slightly moist here. sat inside all day and worked on dcstreet fer nuthin'. damn.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
damn. i should start subscribing to willsweather.com :think: 6pm and it's only slightly moist here. sat inside all day and worked on dcstreet fer nuthin'. damn.
just wait until you see what we did ;)

barely rained up there at all.