Quantcast

Sherman Slider+ flex/noise?

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I posted this on NSMB, but I know there are some serious gearheads here. I just got my slider+ installed a few days ago and I'm a little concerned about some flex I've been seeing. When I brake the front wheel and push forward, the fork makes a little dull clicking noise and bends backwards, barely noticeably. I know this isn't that special, but it just started today after some riding. Any ideas?
I don't think its just the fork entering into the travel though. Maybe its a problem with my hex lock. Before you tighten the bolts that clamp the hex, should you be able to pull the leg out a little and see some axle next to the hub? This is when the axle bolt on the end is compeletely tightened. Thanks!
-Brooks

firevsh2o

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
That's normal with the hex-lock.

I also noticed some flex in the fork (Breakout+) , but I think that is normal, and a Boxxer has as much flex - it's not a Monster T!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
I THINK its normal for the hex-lock shermans to have a little play, something about if it clamped all the way undue wear and tear on the bushings would occur, and the legs slide better with the play.