Quantcast

Sherman Slider Plus Problemo

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
When holding my front brake and rocking the bike back and forth there's a slight knocking noise and a loose feeling. It pretty much feels EXACTly like a loose headset. After ruling out the loose headset and checking every damn bolt on the front end of the bike I had no idea what was causing it.

Then I grabbed the stanchions where they meet the fork lowers. There's like a millimeter or two of play. You can feel the legs rock back and forth in the lowers. A very very tiny bit. Does anyone else's fork do this? SHould I definitely send it back?

I really don't wanna have to send the damn thing back because it'll cause me to miss first Plattekill race!

this sucks....

Ctfphotos

Chimp
Nov 5, 2001
Astoria, NY
I just got the same fork and felt the same "knocking". It's not a defect it's the way the initial travel/sag feesl in that SPV fork. I know it feels weird, but it's fine.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
my fox fork was like that, apparently I was the only one that didn't get used to it. If you just don't worry about it and ride you'll forget about it. Do the sliders have the microlube ports? Maybe squirting some grease in there would dampen the noise.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
If you have actual back and forth play between the lowers and the stanchions chances are you need to have the bushings replaced. If you just have a clunk as the travel begins to engage, it's probably what everyone else is saying that it is the damper. I wouldn't know though as I have never touched one of those forks.