Quantcast

Shimano Brake Questions

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Anyone been to a Shimano clinic lately? I am going to order up another set of Shimano D-brakes and am getting confused!

Besides asthetics, does anyone know if there are any mechanical differences between the Deore, LX, XT, and Saint hydro brake levers?

The calipers are grouped Deore then LX/Hone, then XT/Saint I think. I have been digging then Saint caliper/lever combo on the DH bike, but would like to spend alittle less for the set that's going on the 4x bike. I am thinking the Deore or LX/Hone calipers w/ Doere levers will get it done for less $$. What do ya think?

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
I dont think there is any difference with the levers, paint. I really like the look of the saint levers tho....

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I think you have the grouping correct...personally I think you can build a set of Saint/XT pretty resonablly though. My understanding that other than cosmetic coloring the two are pretty much identical.

Sorry for the spam, but if you decide to go w/ Deore I have a set of mint 525's that I can let go for pretty cheap...

J

J5ive

The LX and cheaper leavers use a slightly different bushing in the blade attachment, seems to wear a little quicker.