Quantcast

Shiny new bike

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Well I finally got the bike. The company I ordered it from got almost everything wrong. Wrong colour and wrong shock (I spent extra for the dhx and still got a crap manipoo)...I am in the middle of trying to right that wrong. But here is my bike half built, I am awaiting some more parts which should be here next week. The blue has grown on me like mold. I intend to keep it and simply want the dhx shock. Risks of online shopping I suppose

Old bike vs the new bike. The old bike will be rebuilt as a loaner for any buds that come to town.

Side shot of my new bike.

My cat checking out the situation

Now for the parts I am ordering

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Blue wasn't my first choice. But I don't wanna wait for it to change back..although I don't think gold was my second choice either.

As for raked out, lifes a bitch, I already owned the fork and am not willing to spend another 1000cdn for 1 degree steepness...and on the bighit comp I had before, it was too steep.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Well it came like that from the factory. Trying to adjust has been a bitch, but to be honest I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer. I really don't like manitou. Besides when I ordered I asked for a certain pnd spring. They basically messed up the entire order (NOT transition btw I made the mistake of ordereding third party)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
Well it came like that from the factory. Trying to adjust has been a bitch, but to be honest I am still waiting to hear back from the dealer. I really don't like manitou. Besides when I ordered I asked for a certain pnd spring. They basically messed up the entire order (NOT transition btw I made the mistake of ordereding third party)
Who did you order it through?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Until I get it semi sorted I don't want to drag a companies name through the mud. They have treated me right for 3 years with 2 bad orders. This being a huge mistake, but I want to give them the chance to fix it for me first :)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
Until I get it semi sorted I don't want to drag a companies name through the mud. They have treated me right for 3 years with 2 bad orders. This being a huge mistake, but I want to give them the chance to fix it for me first :)
Okee dokee no bigee just curious

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
its a good thing you got the DHX shock.... my friend had the Manitou 3 way and trashed it, and the rest of the bike about 2 months into it

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
ffonsok said:
its a good thing you got the DHX shock.... my friend had the Manitou 3 way and trashed it, and the rest of the bike about 2 months into it
I am trying to get it. So far no luck dealing with the 3rd party. I am hoping to get this sorted by next saturday.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
cove rider said:
Hope it works out for ya!!
It hasn't. The company was www.bikeroom.com Like I said I have had many dealings with them and have always defended them on other boards. However I got the screwed end of a good deal. I recently ordered from JensonUSA and plan to continue doing so. The cost was reasonable even after coming over the border...

I ordered
Green
DHX (paid extra)
Sprung to my weight

I got
Baby Blue
Manitou 4way
Sprung for an average 170pound guy

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
It hasn't. The company was www.bikeroom.com Like I said I have had many dealings with them and have always defended them on other boards. However I got the screwed end of a good deal. I recently ordered from JensonUSA and plan to continue doing so. The cost was reasonable even after coming over the border...

I ordered
Green
DHX (paid extra)
Sprung to my weight

I got
Baby Blue
Manitou 4way
Sprung for an average 170pound guy

So wait did you order this bike from bikeroom or jensonusa hehe got confused

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I got some parts from jenson. The bike came from bikeroom. Jenson parts were spot on and fast but the frame from bikeroom was wrong :)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
I got some parts from jenson. The bike came from bikeroom. Jenson parts were spot on and fast but the frame from bikeroom was wrong :)
Okee Dokee thanks for clearing that up:) I've always liked jenson myself there really quick with stuff!