Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I read this in fucking Greybull, big banner on the side of a railway supply business.

“As regulations increase, freedom DIES”.

With a big bald eagle on it.

Which, I don’t think I need to point out, would all be dead without regulations.

Delicious Irony.

”rEgUlatIoNs dOnT bElOnG in aViAtIOn, it sTifLeS iNnoVaTiOn!”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I read this in fucking Greybull, big banner on the side of a railway supply business.

“As regulations increase, freedom DIES”.

With a big bald eagle on it.

Which, I don’t think I need to point out, would all be dead without regulations.

Delicious Irony.

”rEgUlatIoNs dOnT bElOnG in aViAtIOn, it sTifLeS iNnoVaTiOn!”
Tell them about how many regulations there are in Somalia

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
:nerd:

It's an approved temporary repair and standard industry practice.

Speed Tape will also give you the worst paper cut of your life.
I feel like there is a learning opportunity here.

@Pesqueeb tell us about various adhesive backed thin film products that we may access as consumers that might be generally useful to us all as engineers and mountain bikers. I already use so-called 3M ‘helicopter tape’ a fair bit, it is very useful. I just googled Speed Tape and realised I have used it in the past already, again really handy in the right spot. What other cool tapes are out there that we should know about?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I feel like there is a learning opportunity here.

@Pesqueeb tell us about various adhesive backed thin film products that we may access as consumers that might be generally useful to us all as engineers and mountain bikers. I already use so-called 3M ‘helicopter tape’ a fair bit, it is very useful. I just googled Speed Tape and realised I have used it in the past already, again really handy in the right spot. What other cool tapes are out there that we should know about?
Allow me to introduce you to the weird and wonderful world of F4 tape!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wow it doesnt matter which MFG is building planes. they have and will continue to do the same things

Cost overruns and technical problems of the C-5A were the subject of a congressional investigation in 1968 and 1969.[16][17] The C-5 program has the dubious distinction of being the first development program with a $1‑billion (equivalent to $8.3 billion today) overrun.[10][18] Due to the C-5's troubled development, the Department of Defense abandoned Total Package Procurement.[19] In 1969, Henry Durham raised concerns about the C-5 production process with Lockheed, his employer. Subsequently, Durham was transferred and subjected to abuse until he resigned. The Government Accountability Office substantiated some of his charges against Lockheed. Later, the American Ethical Union honored Durham with the Elliott-Black Award.[20] The Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Management Systems, Ernest Fitzgerald, was another person whose fostering of public accountability was unwelcome.[21]

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well that doesn't seem ideal.

wow it doesnt matter which MFG is building planes. they have and will continue to do the same things

Cost overruns and technical problems of the C-5A were the subject of a congressional investigation in 1968 and 1969.[16][17] The C-5 program has the dubious distinction of being the first development program with a $1‑billion (equivalent to $8.3 billion today) overrun.[10][18] Due to the C-5's troubled development, the Department of Defense abandoned Total Package Procurement.[19] In 1969, Henry Durham raised concerns about the C-5 production process with Lockheed, his employer. Subsequently, Durham was transferred and subjected to abuse until he resigned. The Government Accountability Office substantiated some of his charges against Lockheed. Later, the American Ethical Union honored Durham with the Elliott-Black Award.[20] The Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Management Systems, Ernest Fitzgerald, was another person whose fostering of public accountability was unwelcome.[21]
What military plane has not gone over budget or taken longer than expected? The B52?