Quantcast

Shit that happens with Airlines, thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Having been on flights were loose objects like water bottles were bouncing off the ceiling from negative Gs for hours at a time that fucking seatbelt is always on.

When you see Flight Attendance moving through the airplane by wedging themselves between the ceiling and the floor to make sure everyone is OK more astute observers would realize they aren't necessarily there to give Toshi his meals.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yes, its already been covered that the maintenance action that removed the door probably wasn’t recorded…this is just confirmation?
They failed to document unscheduled maintenance resulting from a contractors error during fabrication that I'm sure they were going to bill the contractor for?

Edit: that they took pictures of!

BUUUUUULLLLLLLSHIT.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They failed to document unscheduled maintenance resulting from a contractors error during fabrication that I'm sure they were going to bill the contractor for?

Edit: that they took pictures of!

BUUUUUULLLLLLLSHIT.

I think.this explains it and is proving to be accurate.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I think.this explains it and is proving to be accurate.
I completely agree.

Missing paperwork of a job of that magnitude? In an industry that lives and dies on paperwork, that involves mountains of emails, shift turnovers, photos, and man-hours, that you're going to get to bill someone else for? 1000% nefarious. No fucking way it's not. Best case is criminal negligence.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I completely agree.

Missing paperwork of a job of that magnitude? In an industry that lives and dies on paperwork, that involves mountains of emails, shift turnovers, photos, and man-hours, that you're going to get to bill someone else for? 1000% nefarious. No fucking way it's not. Best case is criminal negligence.

Systematic incompetence and a lack of oversight.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted yet, or in fact if it's for real (Paging @Pesqueeb to the courtesy phone!)

Reboot Your Dreamliner Every 248 Days To Avoid Integer Overflow (i-programmer.info)
I seem to recall that being posted before. There is no real world scenario in which the aircraft goes 248 days without a hard shutdown. I doubt there is a real world scenario involving the aircraft going 2.48 days without a hard shutdown.

Although....... Now that I'm thinking about it:
The entire flight deck went dark, in cruise? :panic:
Basically it says that all Boeing 787 Dreamliners have to be switched off every 248 days. If they are not reset then the generator control units GCUs will go into failsafe mode and the plane will lose all electrical power.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I seem to recall that being posted before. There is no real world scenario in which the aircraft goes 248 days without a hard shutdown. I doubt there is a real world scenario involving the aircraft going 2.48 days without a hard shutdown.

Although....... Now that I'm thinking about it:
Hang on. So the actual fix is to turn it off, then turn it back on. Fucking brilliant. :rofl:

Next what, someone is gonna have to blow the dust off the door plugs before installation?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
If it's Boeing, how the hell is it still going!

Eh..... It happens. In all likelihood some ding-dong probably didn't close it properly and it's laying in the infield off the end of the runway somewhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eh..... It happens. In all likelihood some ding-dong probably didn't close it properly and it's laying in the infield off the end of the runway somewhere.
"The FAA said a post-landing airline inspection of the 25-year-old airplane"

Practically brand new, surely no one has ever touched that panel.