Quantcast

shit yourself saturday....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to see billy strings in richmond virginia over cary nc....

fuck outdoor shows in july.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm awake. Time to start the study and do bills. At least I can take kart maintenance and lawn work off today's schedule.

That time will likely get replaced by dealing with insurance though. I have a feeling that I will get a better px for the kart from State Farm and they can deal with Traveler's, but I have to front almost $4k for the deductible and wait months for an unknown subrogation refund.

Edit: I just spent over an hour tracking down every expense I could prove for the kart that wasn't engine or wear parts related. We're expectedly going to eat a chunk of this, but I didn't realize how bad. The shop's estimate will be high, because a new kart inherently is, so if they push back hard enough I can at least come back with the "this is our exact cost on this kart in the 6mos we've had it, which is not enough time to depreciate it. Get me back to $0 and the cost to assemble a new kart and we'll call it good."

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Up to house in a few hours. Packing up stuff—demolition for the renovation work begins Monday. Will take fancy new electric (quite small) SUV up for extra smugness points on the road

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was wiped out from pressure washing the deck and cedar wall last night. Didn't finish getting my dh gear together last night. Throwing that together now with coffee then off to the mountains. Ribs for dinner

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Drinking coffee, need to head into the garage to lube the chain, check tire pressure. Then load up and head to Napa for a ride, followed by a BBQ brisket sandwich & beer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Severe lack of freedums outside, temps only in the 40's all morning. Not sure what to ride after 4" of rain this week...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hey, don’t hate me because I did the research, and sourced them myself. (They are legal over the counter). Just stickin’ it to the man!
(To give an idea, I brought home 100, and I have taken exactly two in a month.)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Daughter’s 16th birthday party today. The last few years have flown by…
Crazy how that goes. Haley's 11 in a month. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

How's driver's ed going for her? I'm hoping that kart time is going to help with Haley's driving. It's helped with the other kids that are older, so I assume it would carry over.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
She has her permit. The first few drives were…entertaining. She’s doing really well now though and due to get her license in July.

She’s getting straight A’s all in advanced classes, so when a co-worker’s well maintained Accord went up for sale I grabbed it for her.

IMG_1713.jpeg

I wish she was interested in karts as it would surely help. Unfortunately she has zero interest in those types of things.

Attachments

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She has her permit. The first few drives were…entertaining. She’s doing really well now though and due to get her license in July.

She’s getting straight A’s all in advanced classes, so when a co-worker’s well maintained Accord went up for sale I grabbed it for her.

View attachment 193773

I wish she was interested in karts as it would surely help. Unfortunately she has zero interest in those types of things.
The best comment I heard was that one of the teachers told a parent that they were too good of a driver. That they needed to start assuming everybody was an idiot, which helped. Good chuckles about kids getting into the cars and starting driving 2-footed. :rofl: Fun stuff like that.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you take enough muscle relaxers you won’t be doing much shitting at all.
Fibre pills and coffee. I needed them the last time I blew up my shoulder. Even being spartan with them, I needed a huge amt of fibre pills, coffee, and laxatives to keep from getting uh... Backed up.

I remember when SirChomps-a-lot blew up his elbow. He had a poop so bad that he was screaming and crying in the bathroom. And then we had to beat it smaller with a plunger and we had to fill a bucket with water to provide enough pressure to get the chunks to move. It was scary.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fibre pills and coffee. I needed them the last time I blew up my shoulder. Even being spartan with them, I needed a huge amt of fibre pills, coffee, and laxatives to keep from getting uh... Backed up.

I remember when SirChomps-a-lot blew up his elbow. He had a poop so bad that he was screaming and crying in the bathroom. And then we had to beat it smaller with a plunger and we had to fill a bucket with water to provide enough pressure to get the chunks to move. It was scary.
Asparagus, natures colonic chimney sweep.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Ha, so far I have not produced any turds that require a team effort to dispose of.

Did, however have a rather long backlog that made it difficult to stay on narrow singletrack. Kept running off trail from being off balance.

Ahh, poopmonkey.com

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had the most delightful random encounter yesterday. I walked through a different (and *very* wealthy) section of the neighborhood yesterday. Huge houses with lovely architecture and well manicured lawns. I saw a little old lady taking groceries out of her trunk and loading them onto her wheeled walker. She asked me if I’d help her carry the groceries up her driveway, so I did. Then I got a whole story about how she was smashed in a car accident 2 years ago and needed various surgeries and metal plates. So I told her about my accident and injury. We chatted a bit about our struggles. Then her husband came out and didn’t offer to help or question who I was. As I walked away I’m almost certain I heard him mumble “she’ll tell you her life’s story if you let her.”

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
That’s a nice accord @jebfour! Had a black one just like it. Ran it to 250k and got a new one. HS kid is still rocking it.
They really are great cars. The first new car my wife and I bought was a nice little two door Accord.

You’d never know it but her car has 309k miles on it. Had it detailed and then a little extra scrubbin’ from mom and dad and it looks pretty darn good. Previous owner had all maintenance records since he bought it 10 years ago. Will hopefully make a great first car for her.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Then her husband came out and didn’t offer to help or question who I was.
What’s the matter with people? When I see an elderly person at the hardware store moving something heavy I offer to help. And he can’t help his own wife? I’d say he’s a prick but I think it’s more sad.