Quantcast

Shiver on my P1?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
britinmtb said:
You Are Stupid Shivers On A P-1 That Fork Weighs 8 Pounds Everything You Hit Your Going To Nose Dive. My Buddie Has One On A Azonic Hard Tail It Was The Worst Thing For It. If You Have To Go Tripple Clamp Go Jr T With Stiffer Springs. At Least There Light And Not A Tank. But A Good Pair Of Shermans Or Even The 66rc. Plus If You Put A Tripple On A P-1 You Loose The Whole Purpose Of The Bike It Is Made To Ride And Glide ( I Dont Like The Bike) But If Your Going To Do It Do It Right
read the whole thread dillhole. He means a shiver SC, not a shiver DC.

Apr 14, 2005
pleasanton california
they flew like a mofo dude. and way too soft and just blah. i ride a norco with a z1 freerdie i suggest something like that. get a z1 they have great balance of stiffness and softness just ride to handle drop and be abloe to preload at the same time and its fully adjustable.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I am thinking about getting a Sherman Flick for my P.1. It has 110mm to 150mm adj. So it would be at 110mm 80% of the time. I believe the P.1 frame allows up to a 120mm fork or that is recommended.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
britinmtb said:
You Are Stupid Shivers On A P-1 That Fork Weighs 8 Pounds Everything You Hit Your Going To Nose Dive. My Buddie Has One On A Azonic Hard Tail It Was The Worst Thing For It. If You Have To Go Tripple Clamp Go Jr T With Stiffer Springs. At Least There Light And Not A Tank. But A Good Pair Of Shermans Or Even The 66rc. Plus If You Put A Tripple On A P-1 You Loose The Whole Purpose Of The Bike It Is Made To Ride And Glide ( I Dont Like The Bike) But If Your Going To Do It Do It Right
Did anyone notice that he used capital letter for every single word... Looks like someone has been wagging english classes to post on ridemonkey :nope:

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
shivers are pretty nice on the trails, but i hate their rebound characteristics when jumping. Go with something different, i personally like psylos. I know they've had their fair share of problems, but they seem to be worked out now. Ive owned 4 of them, and so far my 04 is the best. Psylo sl with pure is goodness. None of that hydracoil crap

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ha pyslo's suck balls. i hade mine for like 9 months and then the uppers started moving in the lowers like you could here the metal scratching the inside of the lowers

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
to each their own i guess. all of mine except the 2002 (the only one i ever bought used) have held up to all i dish out. Im 6 foot, 165 lbs.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
skajumper said:
Did anyone notice that he used capital letter for every single word... Looks like someone has been wagging english classes to post on ridemonkey :nope:
Its called a caps lock filter. He was trying to type in all caps, but this is what the filter does.

Caps lock is for n00bs :rolleyes: