Quantcast

Shiver SC

Apr 23, 2005
Santa Cruz
I have a SS Chamelion, and currently it is forkless. What do you guys think of putting a Shiver SC on it. I would mostly use this ride for urban and some freeride.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
well that depends on how big you are. im not a big rider so i dont think id really notice the flex.

animal 52

Chimp
Aug 23, 2002
If you don't own one don't say it's flexy. I've ridden one for a year now (100mm), and never felt it flex. It is heavy though.

A

Achtung

Don't listen to the people that talk about flex, if you're small it you won't even notice it. SC shivers for street suck IMO I have one my street bike because my other fork cracked and its horrible! Trail riding it's great tho!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
animal 52 said:
If you don't own one don't say it's flexy. I've ridden one for a year now (100mm), and never felt it flex. It is heavy though.
I've ridden twice with one on a 24 Le Dude, and it flexed like hell. Man the frontwheel was wandering so much it thought there was something wrong with the fork. Absolutely don;t buy this pos.

I've ridden a Dorado sc to on a Beone Woodbumble and it did;nt flex at all. And it's the same principle. Upside down. 20mm axle. Only it;s made out of carbon. That fork was smooth as butter. :blah:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Baron VonZipper said:
I have a SS Chamelion, and currently it is forkless. What do you guys think of putting a Shiver SC on it. I would mostly use this ride for urban and some freeride.
I just got an 04 Chameleon with a Psylo 85-125 on it and I hate it. A buddy is letting me try his Shiver SC. The switch happens tonight if his wife lets him out of the house. I'll let ya know how it rides...

Jan 18, 2005
dirty jersey
i got my rooommate's old shiver sc as a birthday gift after denting the stanchion on my POS marzocchi that came on my P2 on the coping @ the skatepark (don't ask)

am running the "mini shiver" on my steelhead for street/park and have no complaints. no DJ's yet this season. flex isn't that big of an issue to me really i guess.. only notice it once and a while... very plush though :) makes for nice landings on a steel bike!

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
i've ridden the older and the newer SC's. They're great forks, but I really wouldn't recommend them for urban; they're heavy, so lifting will be harder, and you'd be paying for all that awesome damping that you'll never use in the city. IMO, upside down forks only have advantages on the trail, what with the lowered (un?)sprung weight and all. Plus I couldn't jump for shiet when I had the shiver on my planet x; swapped to a DJIII and all was good. Might have something to do with the low A-C measurement.