Quantcast

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale!!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I picked up a six pack of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale - primarily because I've never had a bad bottle of Sierra Nevada and once again they really impressed me with this seasonal brew!!!

Good stuff and it packs a little punch too! :thumb:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
I was pretty disappointed with this year's seasonal. I'd go with the porter instead if I had to buy Sierra Nevada. But why would I when Dogfish Head is the same price? ;)

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
It's a darker beer; you lose a lot of aroma and flavor if you drink it refrigerator temp. With all respect to RM, I advise pouring gently into a room temp mug.

Heck, lately it has been so cold in the California hills that a case of beer kept in an uninsulated laundry room is cold enough to drink.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
I picked up a six pack of Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale - primarily because I've never had a bad bottle of Sierra Nevada and once again they really impressed me with this seasonal brew!!!

Good stuff and it packs a little punch too! :thumb:
I'm drinkinh Harpoon Winter Warmer right now (well, it's 8:30, at work, so I guess I mean last night). If you are into spiced beers it's not too bad. Sierra Winter is good, but not my all time favorite.

Hey, as anyone tried the Anchor Winter this year?
Does it still taste like a bottle full of pine needles?:eviltongu

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i used to be a huge fan of harpoon's winter warmer, but now i can't really stomach it. sam smith's winter welcome is a nice one, but spendy.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think why I like the Celebration Ale is that it isn't overly spiced - just enough of a bite to it.

Ended up consuming three of em last night.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I'm drinkinh Harpoon Winter Warmer right now (well, it's 8:30, at work, so I guess I mean last night). If you are into spiced beers it's not too bad.
Tried one Friday night in a bar. Could taste cinnamon fairly quickly. It was OK, but not something I would drink on a regular basis.

well I got a sixer of the Sierra Nevada and a Sixer of Brooklyn Brown Ale - another quality brew!!!
Seeing a lot of the Brooklyn products in the beer stores. I guess I have to start calling them package stores or "Packies" now that i live in Massahusetts. :p

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
berkshire_rider said:
Seeing a lot of the Brooklyn products in the beer stores. I guess I have to start calling them package stores or "Packies" now that i live in Massahusetts. :p
"Beer store, eh."

Grocery store = beer store
Stop 'n' rob = beer store
Liquor store = beer store
Super Walmart/KMart/Target/Sam's = beer store
Bait shop = beer store
Gas station = beer store
The frig in my neighbor's garage = FREE beer store!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
yuck, I'd rather lick the earwax from an African elephant. I'd imagine it basically tastes the same. I haven't had celebration in at least five years but last time I did Iremember it tasted like 1 part motor oil (used of course) and 1 part whatever the most bitter thing on earth is X 2. I'll stick to Fat Tire or regular Sierra please!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Yep, I can get it out here.

Distilled hop juice.

I love hops. But that was way too much. Just because you can do something doesn't allways mean that you should.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
I brought two bottles with me after a party here at work (leftovers) tasted them during Christmas...not my cup-o-tea...or should it be not my cup-o-hop. ;)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Acadian said:
I brought two bottles with me after a party here at work (leftovers) tasted them during Christmas...not my cup-o-tea...or should it be not my cup-o-hop. ;)
or cup-o-tar for that matter. BLECK!!! :eviltongu

J

JRB

Got some in the fridge myself. I don't have a cellar, so I can't say what that temp is.