Quantcast

Silent Sunday Ride

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Yesterday I decided I wanted to hit some downhill on South Mountain. Since it was Silent Sunday, I decided to ride up the road instead of National to Buena Vista.

My more pedal friendly Glory is in the shop, so I took Sparkle Pony out. I just installed a new bar, stem and brakes and was itching to try out the new setup.

Riding up the road was amusing. Lots of roadies, although not quite as many as I expected. Of course, I started around 11, so that could be why. Sparkle Pony only seemed to confuse them.

I have no idea how long the climb took. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but boy, there were times I wish I had a few more gears.

Dropped into Geronimo, as I figured it would have the least amount of hikers on it. The new 30" bar setup is a trip, lots of control, but interesting in switchbacks. I like it though.

Back to the car at Scorpion Gulch, then home for some grub.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
LOL.

I love that bike. Even though its a nightmare to maintain and makes all sorts of horrible noises when I ride it.

I was considering selling it, but I just can't. Too much fun.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I hear ya, I never felt better on a bike than on my Stinky and I'm sick that I had to let it go.

At least I'm not rich. I wouldn't really appreciate the 25 bikes I would own...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I neglected to read that the first time.

:cheers::rofl::cheers::rofl::cheers::rofl::cheers::rofl::cheers::rofl:
It was really entertaining.

Most of them just stared without saying a word. I said a big hello and wave to each one. I think it made them uncomfortable :biggrin:

I also ditched one who was on my wheel on Dobbins by skitching off a horse trailer :monkeydance:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'll consider that. Have Med-I-Vac standing by though.
Best thing to do is, is too just DO IT!

Its really not as bad as you think it is.

And the reaction from the roadies, when they see you are on a bike that weights 2-3 times their's, with no granny gear...priceless.

Then we can hit some drops after!