Quantcast

Silk

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Great stuff with the right cereal :thumb:

Silk also makes a creamer for coffee...same one that Starbucks uses if you ask for a soy latte :) yum!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I used to drink a gallon of milk a day. I don't drink any milk now....

I like that vanilla flavored soy juice in my grape nuts.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Silk rocks.

It is better than that lactaid sh*t, or other brands that "modify" milk.

I thank silk every time I eat my lucky charms.

It sucks being lactose intollerant.

Oh yeah, nothing should be put in coffee, it is ment to be black.

and Birks, rock. :p

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by TN
HAHAHAHA!!! I knew it!!! do you wear birkenstocks too? :D

uh, no. too expensive of shoes for my feet.

I'm not joking when I say it's only been the last few years or five that I started walking down the fruit/vegi isle at the store.

my diet for many years consisted of meat, cheese, pasta and milk. I'm far from a hippie.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I like the choco SILK but that vanilla stuff makes me gag.....nothing meant to replace milk or milk itself should be flavored Vanilla.

*gag*

I don't think I have tried a plain silk....who does that stack up? All I know is my fiance likes SILK...I only try a little choco-silk now and then. She normally gets the vanilla...and puts it in her cereal....I wouldn't put vanilla MILK in my cereal.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Originally posted by Tweek
Not only should coffee be black, but caffeinated as well.

(Ahem.. Echo.... ??) :p
I did not realize that coffee came any other way than caffeinated.

That "de-caf" stuff is just dark, falvored water.

:thumb:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
If you all knew the chemical processes used to turned soya into milk you would never drink it, they use the same stuff in house paint. I'm still happy to let cows process my milk.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Serial Midget
If you all knew the chemical processes used to turned soya into milk you would never drink it, they use the same stuff in house paint. I'm still happy to let cows process my milk.
you think i drink it for my health? it's just something to complement my beer.

I only stopped drinking milk because I used to drink a gallon a day.

1 quart in the morning
1 quart with lunch
1 quart w/ dinner
1 quart as a snack in the evening

I'm the guy that can eat the same thing for years every day then never touch it again.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I wonder what they mean by "100% certified organic" then? :confused:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Echo
I wonder what they mean by "100% certified organic" then? :confused:
that means that when they grow the soy beans, they use human fecal matter and other 'organic' stuff.

that "100% certified organic" doesn't have anything to do w/ the process that turns soy beans into soy juice.

just like the 'Fat Free' stuff. that just refers to box the food is packaged in, not the contents of the box. :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Silk? Funny, I've never heard of it. I'm lactose intolerant and I'm kinda allergic to soy products. Whenever I have cereal, I use Trader Joe's vanilla rice milk. Now that, my friends, is good sh*t.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ADM helped write the legal definition of organic as it pertains to foodstuffs under the FDA's administration. The term organic is meaningless when it appears on the label of processed food.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by pnj
that means that when they grow the soy beans, they use human fecal matter and other 'organic' stuff.

that "100% certified organic" doesn't have anything to do w/ the process that turns soy beans into soy juice.
Those statements are incorrect on so many levels it's actually funny.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by reflux
Silk? Funny, I've never heard of it. I'm lactose intolerant and I'm kinda allergic to soy products. Whenever I have cereal, I use Trader Joe's vanilla rice milk. Now that, my friends, is good sh*t.
The facts are this: 1% of the population is lactose intolerant - of that 1% 2/3rds will also be alergic to soy and soy products.

The soy revolution is a huge multi-national agri-business scam - converting soy by-produts into soy milk is a chemical process and chemicals can easily be organic - gasoline is organic.

EDIT: Soymilk you would make at home tastes nothing like what you buy prepackaged.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ADM helped write the legal definition of organic as it pertains to foodstuffs under the FDA's administration. The term organic is meaningless when it appears on the label of processed food.
It sounds like you have some knowledge about this, however your statements seem pretty generalized.

From what I understand soy milk is created by soaking crushed soybeans in water.

Normally if there is any kind of negative information about a product such as you are implying, it takes google about .0001 seconds to find it. Perhaps you could provide some facts to back your claims?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dammit, it's not milk. it's juice. :)

I read an article a while back about organic stuff and how the laws apply and it said they could use the human waste/sewage as fertalizer. so what most people think the word organic as it applies to food is different then it really is.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
You could start here but the list is endless... I'll look for more.

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/
that is way too much for me to read.....:)

I have read various things on it in the past though.

the question I have is, are soy beans bad for you or just the products made from soy beans?

I have a vegan friend that swears tomatoes are bad for you. or he did until I had a little chat with him. :p