Quantcast

Simple Green Candy

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Why another company? The price? This frame wasn't cheap, but, it was quite a bit less than any other custom built frame I could find. He included the frame, BB, headset, and the candy powder job at a very reasonable price for a custom frame. Glad you like it, though. :cool:
yea for a custom built frame its not bad by any means, but for a lot of people without 600 bucks for a frame and not so much cash then it would be nice for a cheaper option

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I hear ya. There is no way I would have been able to get a bike like this while I was in college. And, in my opinion, mtb stuff is waaaay over priced. You could get one of the sickest bmx bikes on the planet for half of what I paid total for this thing.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I hear ya. There is no way I would have been able to get a bike like this while I was in college. And, in my opinion, mtb stuff is waaaay over priced. You could get one of the sickest bmx bikes on the planet for half of what I paid total for this thing.
yea totally, thats the only unfortunate thing about mtb stuff, I'll still be on the look out though, the lines between mtb and bmx are getting blurred so hopefully the prices will too:pirate2:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Is that a fade job in your paint job?
Kind of. Oscar said it was 2 step powder process. I think the top coat is a transparent green with like a white or silver candy base. On the middle of the top and down tubes it looks like the transparent isn't as thick. So, it kind of looks like a fade.

Actually, when I first got the frame it was at night. So, I looked at it in the dark and was like, "Man, this is just plain old green." But, then I saw it in the light and was pleasantly surprised.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
i had a top of the line mob...i think i payed close to 1800 for it.
sold it for 1400, and started building upa high end bmx bike.

i still have $300 left, and myb mx is a thing of beauty(to me at least)

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
what size driver and kind of driver are you using ans what kind of and size of sprocket?
It's an Atomlab Aircorp SS hub with the Atomlab driver that came with it, 13 tooth. And a 30 tooth FBM Wurlitzer up front.

I think it will also work with aftermarket BMX drivers, like the Odyssey.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Cru - are you still digging the BB height?

sweet bike.

-rob in brooklyn
Thx. Yeah, I'm still lovin this bike. The BB height feels great. I still think it'd be interesting to try something with an even higher BB. Something like the Atomlab Trailking.