Quantcast

Single Speed and/or 1xwhatever road bikes

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
How many of you have a single speed (or fixed) or a 1xwhatever (7,8,9) road bike?

If you do, what is your gear ratio for SS road duty and/or 1xwhatever you use in back?

Post up photos of your bikes if you've got em too.

Thanks!

Mark

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I have a SS cross bike...if that counts. I've been thinking about building up a SS road bike for training.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I ride a stock Cannondale Capo. 48/17. Singlespeed, not fixed gear. I use it in the spring to ride to work before the snow's gone, and to get around campus. It probably won't get as much use since I fell in love with my Cannondale CX bike last fall, but its not worth it to get rid of. Plus, chicks dig it. :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I ride a stock Cannondale Capo. 48/17. Singlespeed, not fixed gear. I use it in the spring to ride to work before the snow's gone, and to get around campus. It probably won't get as much use since I fell in love with my Cannondale CX bike last fall, but its not worth it to get rid of. Plus, chicks dig it. :p

That Top Tube is like taking a Bullitboyz frame to the next level. :D

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Anyone use a SS for anything besides commuting? I recently setup my SS cross bike up for riding to work and it got me thinking about gear ratios and using it for training. Anyone use their SS for road rides? If so, is your gearing different than what people listed?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I ride a 44/16 fixed for commuting and other short rides around San Francisco. Fixies are fun and the SS prevents me from getting lazy.

But for anything longer than say 5 miles or so I'll ride a geared bike.