Quantcast

Single Speed Sussy!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Commencal

Dobermann:

I think the Dobermann is the True'r DJ street bike....

thoughts....

Last edited:

MTB R&D

Chimp
Oct 10, 2008
In a demo Tent near you...
Max designed it as a Slopestyle/trail 5". Where did you get the idea that it was for street?

I'll be building one up for Interbike. The one that BTI is building will have a super sick drivetrain.

I think dj, street, and full suspension "true'r"ly don't belong in the same thought.
Sure works for Kona...as far as DJ.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
just sayin :)
your HT can do anything and everything this frame can.

I was just posting that new Commencal Single Speed Sussy bike... i'm actually going to be using my HT to rehab my shoulder.... start this weekend.... maybe at HB....

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I actually have been thinking the Pink would round out my stable well for a fun trail bike. The Commencal looks really good but that backend looks really long and I am biased towards shorter bikes. The Dobermann is steel and has a really short backend.

I dunno, anyone know the specs on the Commencal? I have been looking at the Transition double for a while and both of these seem like good options

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I don't get it, but I don't get lots of things.

To me the reason for riding a double squish is rocks and roots. I used to build a lot of freeride/dirt jumps and loved the double squish, but you also need gears to ride to the top and for the rippin down hills.

I get jumpin double squish and I get single speed but I don't get the two together.

The Double is a cool ride by the way, Roller Toaster rides one.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I've been following the Le Pink and really would like to pick one up when they're available.

The trails we hit are pretty much downhill so there's not really any uphill battle. There are trails around that have some climbs but I don't participate. So I'm all about single speed freeride on a light build. My long travel rig is an anchor so I need the gears. But if I had a dual sus build that was as light as my bmx I don't think I'd need gears.

Jumping it at the trails (djs) I wouldn't do regularly. I'd be riding my 20 & 24. I want the Le Pink for ski resort riding and light freeride.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Look for AtomLab to be coming out with a new short travel, super short rear end slop style/DJ bike. More refined than the last attempt, similar BB design than the two above.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
Those are Clinton and Rocco's Pink frames, they are building them as we speak and will be riding them at Highland MTN on the weekend.

Those are pure slopestyle(BIG DJ) frames... the are design to be able to take a maximum of side load from landing huge rotational tricks. They have 4 fat bmx MID bb bearings and a 19mm steel BMX axle as the pivot axle (and crank axle at the same time). It also have a 2x1 shock ratio.

The cool part of riding single speed fully(or any single speed MTB) is the absence of noise from the chain and derailer slapping around. It makes a very smooth ride. And for the DJ and slope style rider...a derailer is just a pain in the ass that could rip off and ruin there run.

Cant wait to have my personal pink ready :happydance:
I also cant wait for the day we can finaly offer those puppy to public...
Hopefully its going to be soon.

Cheers!

Alain

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I don't know why they limit the single speeders to low travel bikes. It's a ton of fun and a lot less work to DH with. Still DJs pretty damn well too. Not as well as a hardtail, but most of my DJing is done at a mountain these days, and bringing 2 bikes isn't usually in the cards.

thread about it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
those BB concentric bikes are way cool, but very purpose specific. I had an arrow, which definitely should be included in this list. It pedaled like a bag of turds in the rain but cornered like fat bully asking for your lunch money. It jumped reasonably well, and I would imagine for someplace like highland, it'll just be wicked sick the whole time, with all the tight berms there.

That dob looks awesome. Hope to see you there, if the rain holds off