Quantcast

Singletary, Milbury , Ma

splat

Nam I am
So BadDNA posted up for our thursday night ride to go to Singletary in Milbury. I haven't been there in a while so sounds good. and BadDNA said He knew teh trails well enough to get us suffciently lost. good enough for me !

so tongiths riders consited of Me, BadDNA , the Silver turtle, and SloMoJo!!!

so we start out on the warm up loop , which basiclly you follow the fire road till you see the furniture then you turn right. no problem -o

SilverTurtle finds a Nice log to hop over ..

we we found our selves doing the warm up loop in the wrong direction, then we could find the exit , so we are only on the warm up loop and already BadDNA has us lost :)

BadDNA consults the GPS

well we found our way out , basically by Gut feel the GPS really didn't do it.

any way here Is SloMoJo , 2nd time back on the bike since he broke his Titus back in May

Now on to one of the Main loops ( we would only do one of them )

Silver turtle over a rock wall. ( tried to hop it but nother there really to hop off of )

Silver turltl off of a rcok, that looks like it would be a great natural gap jump , but has a sucky approach .

BadDNA going between 2 tight rock,s

SloMoJo same rocks.

after looking at it from this angle , it looks like the best line is Over the rocks.

on the way out SloMoJo tries on a 46 pound SX trail

and the turtle finishes up on an NRS

was a Great Night for a ride , and it was a great ride , thanks guys

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
46 lbs, holy heavy sx trail batman...how did you manage to build it that heavy

edit: and then ride it wearing spandex without the bike self destructing

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It cracks me up seeing someone on a 43lb bike and an NRS on the same trail. Not busting anyones balls, just different strokes for different folks.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is the NRS a loaner for Slomo?? He'll crush that thing the way he rides if he bought it.

So cool to see you guys out riding with no snow on the ground in late December!!

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Silver Turtle's bike, and unless he has reduced the weight a little bit over the summer, it's closer to 49lbs which is inclusive of but not entirely because of a Rohloff hub.

I would put my money on the ST on any technical climb over most riders on a 35lb Cross Country bike.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley

A Roholoff and Dave's love of soft compound Michey's have got the weight to wherever it currently is. :monkey: Ironically, the weight of his bike has never slowed him down - he is one of the best climbers I have ever ridden with, and spends most rides at the front of the group.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Is the NRS a loaner for Slomo?? He'll crush that thing the way he rides if he bought it.

So cool to see you guys out riding with no snow on the ground in late December!!
It's a loner. There were 2 conditions placed on him with the loan of the NRS - (1) no hucking. :disgust1: (2) He has to join us on some of the Thursday rides and ride. :biggrin:

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Splat, nice shots as usual. I think a few miles of new trail had been cut out there this past fall, but I have yet to check them out. Just out of curiousity do you guys ever ride the loop off the backside of Purgatory in Sutton? 4-5 miles of singletrack, raked etc. similar to rayburn/ribbon candy. If you've never been let me know and I'll shoot you some directions ( although it does seem that you've been to every area in Southern NE)....

splat

Nam I am
Splat, nice shots as usual. I think a few miles of new trail had been cut out there this past fall, but I have yet to check them out. Just out of curiousity do you guys ever ride the loop off the backside of Purgatory in Sutton? 4-5 miles of singletrack, raked etc. similar to rayburn/ribbon candy. If you've never been let me know and I'll shoot you some directions ( although it does seem that you've been to every area in Southern NE)....
actually , I have not riden the trails at Purgatory Chasm , at some point I will have to take you up on that offer.

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Anytime. I rode there yesterday in the snow/sleet and got lost for 2.5 hrs. Lots of new stuff cut and raked. I met up with a couple of guys who were measuring the distance and they were on about mile 9. I may do a hangover ride there tommorow so if anyones interested let me know...