Quantcast

sinister r9 info

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
i m entertaining the idea of a new frame... does anyone know the wheelbase of the latest incarnation of the r9 ??? i ll be using an 8" 888 with rissie crowns... what kind of WB can i expect ??? the rest of the geo specs look like what i m into but i fear that the wheelbase may be pretty long...

also does it come with an avy for 2255 ??? curious..

linky

http://www.sinisterbikes.com/r9.htm

thanks

partsbara

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
My wheelbase is 47 5/8", running an Avy DHF8Ti. A little longer than my old bike, but I got used to it fast.
Frank makes a good frame, I think I'll be on one of these for a while.

Here's mine:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
pm clysdale here. He is the Sinister resident. Cool lookin bike, seriously beefy.

May 4, 2005
My wheelbase is 47 1/2" with the 8" 888. The Avy shock is also amazing, get the Ti spring and you can't beat it. I thought I was going to get a DHX for it but after 1 race with the avy I'm hooked Everyone at our shop rides the R9, Frank makes one hell of a bike!

If you want more info on them email me!

Victor@ride-this.com

Attachments

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Word is that they are making a shorter version too.

If you have AOL Instant Messenger, this is the man to talk to: Rustocaps

Dan

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Shorter Psshaaa, I'm putting a LONGER rear end on mine this weekend.... Muhhahahah.

It's true though, a run of shorter TT R9's just got finished up. I like my Man sized bike though. After riding a medium (22.75") Giant for a few years I have to say that I am really enjoying the 23.5" TT on my bike. Suits the ass-up head-down riding style I like to advocate.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I raced at Mount Snow a couple weeks ago and due to some mechanical failures on my GT, I had to borrow a bike. Frank let me use his personal R9, Avy rear shock, 888 up front. That ride was freaking amazing. A well built frame and let's face it, one awesome guy running the show.

Props to FTW and Sinister. If I had the dough, I'd upgrade today...

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
dunno anything about the wheelbase, but its allways a pleasure to deal with FtW.
nice guy, great customer service and great quality.

go for it!

still it would be sad to see the tomac go.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
What is strange with the R9 to me is that it looks strang in pictures like the seatmast and the whole bike is super long but a build bike looks and feels super nice.

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
CBJ said:
What is strange with the R9 to me is that it looks strang in pictures like the seatmast and the whole bike is super long but a build bike looks and feels super nice.
What is strange to me is that you're leaving to Whistler in a few hours and you are still posting stuff on ridemonkey.
GO GET READY FOR YOUR TRIP!

*Sorry back on topic*
What were you riding before and what was the wheelbase on that, compare the two and how you liked your previous bike's wheelbase. I think that the R9 is in the longer wheelbase end of the DH bikes spectrum anyway you slice it.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
mine was 45.7 with a slider plus as low as possible and with my travis it comes out to 46.9

coming off a dh9 for 4 1/2 years this bike fits me very well. the avy is nice but im selling it to get a dhx air. the bike loves to jump which is always nice and it rails turns like its on rails