Quantcast

Ski Bowl

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I'll be going. I need to ride some DH and I don't feel like driving to Whistler.

Skibowl is decent if you want to race. It's cheap, lift access, and well run. The course is kinda tame but fun.
Way better than any WIM course.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
You should check it out Lars. It's a pretty fun course. Upper section 'Cannonball' is super fast with a few water bars. The lower section is more tech. than any WIM race.

It a good race with really laid back promoters, AND free beer afterwards :)

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
OK I'm in.

Oly do you have that nifty Orba practice race time sheet you posted once before that I'm too lazy to do a search for?

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
bibs said:
Hey guys/gals, I would like to go too. Shoot some pics and get out of the house. Im stuck here...it sucks!!!! but let me know if you need some one to tag along and help with gas...
Hey turd burglar...You can go with me. I'm going down on Thursday to Bend to see my bro Kjell in Bend thursday night, then to hood on Fri.

You in or what sucka?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
It looks like we are heading down for the race this weekend too. We'd take ya Bibs, but we are leaving tomorrow morning to ride in Hood River.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
oly said:
Yea, come check it out.

the one in late july is a sat/sunday if that matches your schedule better.....

Wait a minute. Is this weekends race on Saturday? I'm too lazy to check the obra site myself.

If it is, does anyone know if we can ride DH on Sunday? Or will the hill be closed for xc racing

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Yea, i was just saying the july 30/31 was sat/sunday if that was better for Glide.... i mean ride...

If you talk to the local oregon guys maybe they could show you some other stuff on sunday.

practice starts at 12. The top is open till 4:00 and the bottom was till about 6:00. Those crazy cats also did a timberline shuttle after practice last time... maybe we could do that this time.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bibs said:
that would be fun if I had a bike, I could show you around :( but I ant , no bike....or arm worthy of biking :(
Bibs, If you need a ride, I've got room. I'm leaving early sat morning. You'd have to take care of you own lodging but maybe you can hook up with snacks and sleep on their floor?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
buildyourown said:
Bibs, If you need a ride, I've got room. I'm leaving early sat morning. You'd have to take care of you own lodging but maybe you can hook up with snacks and sleep on their floor?

We are camping in the parking lot.....you can sleep on the floor of our tent!

Its cool guys, I really appreciate it. After this whole car thing and some other stuff, I should probally not spend any money that isnt needed. :( I have to get a car, Amy , what does "Cal Worthington" have in youre yard? I have to save up for Crank Worx, Ill be there all week, so that my next and last vacation. But thanks again! Does he still have hte suburban? hhhmmm...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
bibs said:
Its cool guys, I really appreciate it. After this whole car thing and some other stuff, I should probally not spend any money that isnt needed. :( I have to get a car, Amy , what does "Cal Worthington" have in youre yard? I have to save up for Crank Worx, Ill be there all week, so that my next and last vacation. But thanks again! Does he still have hte suburban? hhhmmm...
He still has the Superuban, but it doesn't have an engine...(some how it's still sitting in our side yard :rolleyes: )

He has an '81 GMC Jimmy (Blazer) 4X4 (the ladies like those :drool: ) It needs a governor, but to get that done you need to have the tranny re-built. Kevin said he'd help you pull it out and put it back in after it's fixed :)

I'll go out back and see what else is hiding under the grass :think:

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
anyone contacted petr? you would think they would know for sure by now as practice is tomorrow, i would.... but im too lazy.....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Morgan said:
anyone contacted petr? you would think they would know for sure by now as practice is tomorrow, i would.... but im too lazy.....
I emailed him last week. No answer! I think Ethan emailed him too..maybe he got a reply! I will have him check tonight!

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
got the info! SAME COURSE, they will not be using the new course this season, for those that have raced in the past they will be starting it with that trail to the left that connects into the top of cannonball, i dont know what its called, its not very much and you can easily learn it in even 1 practice run if need be, i like it better then the road.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
bibs said:

uhem... I know a guy down here selling a black nissan truck...... :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Morgan said:
got the info! SAME COURSE, they will not be using the new course this season, for those that have raced in the past they will be starting it with that trail to the left that connects into the top of cannonball, i dont know what its called, its not very much and you can easily learn it in even 1 practice run if need be, i like it better then the road.

Is that the one that ends in the steep chute onto cannonball? So we wouldnt have the straw area to go through around that wooded section?? That tree'd trail was cool.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Morgan said:
I'm confused! This is an email from Petr after we asked him if the same course will be used this weekend!

"No the Ridge trail is in and modified. Petr"

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Morgan said:
hmm, i got my info from a friend that knows gabe n cedar. :confused:
I guess we won't know until we talk to someone that is there right now!! Hopefully we can get a heads up before we drive down.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
they used the ridge trail, instead of the straw trail...... everything else was the same, except muddier in the trees.

my first run i bobbled 3 times, with one complete off the bike tumble before the log drop near the end, time was 6:11. run 2 was cleaner with no falls or any real problems, time was 5:34!! I ended up in 8th. the conditions totally changed for run 2 and stopped raining. i didnt wear gogs, on run 1 i wore gogs till the end of cannon ball and then took them off while riding, i think that cost me some time. Oh well. Was a great event, and im hoping for better runs at the next one.

Photos will be up here:
www.whitcombphoto.photoreflect.com > i got a card from a guy taking pics,... he said sunday or so for the pictures so check oftern if they arent there yet.,.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
trailhacker said:
WOW! What a difference between your first and second runs D! How did your times compare to the last race?

How did the rest of the PNW crew do?
Daniel got 4th, tyler 5th. I didnt see how Spencer or Jack did. Spencer drove down from B-ham!! I also didnt get to see how Lars did. I was sorta rushed to get family on the road.... we had to go eat at that crap hole of a brewery.....

Too bad you guys went home... sunday wasnt that bad really.... sunny by mid day.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
I saw that one... The thing that sucks about his pics is that you have to order them as prints. Im going to mail him and see what he wants for just the raw pics...... there was one more of me going arounf the rock drop. Maybe next time i get the gumption to drop it,......
Dude, I saw that picture too. Did you see the one of Daniel? He has a huge grin on his face....classic Daniel :)