Quantcast

Skibike racing at Hoodoo

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
If any of you guys want to try skibiking this will be a great year to do it!
With Durango Mountain Resort cancelling the skibike festival this year, our
skibike festival at Hoodoo is going to be bigger than ever. www.hoodoo.com
Don't miss it guys, the first weekend in April Sat the 4th and Sun the 5th.

We will have biker cross racing on Sat with 6 riders on coarse head to head.
And a gated GS coarse on Sunday with individual riders on timed runs.
You will need to be certified prior to racing but this is a simple procedure.
I would recomend at least one trip to Hoodoo prior to the festival to get your certification and get comfortable on a skibike. If you need rental equipment Hoodoo has one of the largest skibike rental fleets in the country, with bikes of all kinds and manufactures.

The certification is just a quick lesson and you'll get a cert. good at any skibike friendly resort that uses a certification program. I case of an overflow of uncertified riders, I or Ron can give you a quick lesson and sign off your card. There will be a small processing fee, around 5 bucks.

We,ve got riders coming in from around the country and should have several
manufacturers bringing in demo equipment and setting up a venders booth area.

Don't miss this one guys. Any of you skiers and boarders come on down ride at Hoodoo and check out the scene.

Hope to see you there
Duane

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I AM going to build mine this year! I have the 4" square 6061 tube, the skis, frame and fork. Just gotta decide how to build the pegs. You can run a home-brew rig, can't you? And we need to have a leash of some sort?

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
I AM going to build mine this year! I have the 4" square 6061 tube, the skis, frame and fork. Just gotta decide how to build the pegs. You can run a home-brew rig, can't you? And we need to have a leash of some sort?
I have been running my home built bikes there for years, just as long as its safe. I don't think they will let anything built out of wood up the lift!

Redline stunt or grind pegs work awesome, bolt them together through the BB
and cover them with an old knobby tire for better grip! they may damage the threads in the BB shell so I'd dedicate a frame just for the skibike!
No leash needed! Call Or E-mail the resort for any questions you have!

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I think I saw your tip about grind pegs before - - a good one. Frame I have would be OK to bugger the threads on; but I might think about threading in some old BB cups to take the abuse anyway. Figured I'd give 'em grip by zapping a bunch of globby little points with my stick welder.